HS105 disconnects from wifi; firmware fix requires MS windows; I don't have it; what are my options?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

HS105 disconnects from wifi; firmware fix requires MS windows; I don't have it; what are my options?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2017-06-05 06:06:41
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

I have both the HS-110 and HS-105 plugs.
The HS-110 works beautifully.
It always stays connected to wifi.
The HS-105, however, does not.
Firmware version 1.0.6 seems to have a bug.

I contacted technical support and was emailed a fix.
But the README for the fix said that Microsoft Windows was required to upgrade the firmware.
I don't have Microsoft Windows.
I had hoped that I could update the firmware from the kasa app.

Is buying a new machine run microsoft windows really the only way that I can upgrade the firmware on this wifi plug?
Options
4 Reply
Re:HS105 disconnects from wifi; firmware fix requires MS windows; I don't have it; what are my options?
2017-06-22 11:32:22
probably time to return it. Outrageous. So far, bad experience with tp-link hs105 - totally new purchase - for me too. Time to return to Amazon, write bad review and change the vendor.
Options
Re:HS105 disconnects from wifi; firmware fix requires MS windows; I don't have it; what are my options?
2017-06-26 16:30:16
I have several smart plugs, they are all work beautifully:D. You can check if there is a firmware update for HS105 on the app, if no, maybe borrow a Windows laptop from a friend.:)
Options
2017-06-26 19:38:23
So, what's the point of having a firmware upgrade feature in the kasa app if you have to use windows?
Options
2017-06-27 15:53:08
Hmm, I think that's a beta firmware from TP-Link, didn't push to the App.
Options