TP-Link Kasa notifications?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2017-07-25 02:08:53
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

I just setup a TP Link light switch running through Kasa setup to turn my porch lights on at sunset. Yesterday the light was on during the day. Don't know why or when it happened. I thought it would be nice to have a notification for when the device turns on like you can with the Smartthings hub (which I have). At least until I know the switch is working like intended. Is there such a function?I also have a TP Link LED bulb that goes on at sunset. I have not seen a problem with it but the switch lights are out of sight and with what happened yesterday I am troubled.
Options
3 Reply
Re:TP-Link Kasa notifications?
2017-07-26 09:31:00
first check the location of the kasa, maybe it is in the wrong timezone so the light turns on during the day.
the device time on the light switch is the same as the led bulb?
maybe you can show us some screenshot about the schedule you have added on the kasa for the switch.
Options
They work fine as far as time wise
2017-07-26 14:55:11
Thanks for your answer. It was just the one time that it was on that I was unaware of. The request is to know if there is a way to setup a notification when the lights are turned on.
Options
Re:TP-Link Kasa notifications?
2017-07-27 17:51:35
There is no notification on the kasa as far as I know. It will show on kasa the Power button is green, but no notification would pop up.
Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 927

Replies: 3

Related Articles