Smart Plug

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Smart Plug

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Smart Plug
Smart Plug
2017-07-25 23:56:29
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

One of my smart plugs is not showing in Kasa. It is the Fridge plug, which is hard to get to since the fridge sits in a tight spot and I can not move it by myself.
Options
4 Reply
Re:Smart Plug
2017-07-26 09:21:31
can you reboot the plug? what is the Wi-Fi light on the plug? if it is not solid green, which means that it disconnects from the router.
You can press the settings button about 5 seconds to reconfigure it.
Options
smart plug
2017-07-27 08:45:15
Yes, I did the reset to the freezer button because it is easy to get to and it shows again now. The fridge is in a tight arean and I would need somebody to help me pull it out and to the side. I hate to do this every time it disconnects from the router. Not much room to work with.
Options
2017-07-27 17:48:03
I guess you still need someone to help you get it back first. And later you may check the firmware version and the signal strength on the smart plug. You can get both of them under Device settings in kasa. We need to make sure the signal strength on Kasa is good enough first and also keep the firmware up to date so it won't disconnect.
Options
2017-07-28 02:23:27
Shouldn't need to be done though unless the router settings have changed, right?

You might try restarting the router first to see that gets it back before moving the fridge and resetting the device.

To be frank it's probably not a good idea not to use a smart device on critical appliances like a fridge as they're not as reliable as mechanical switches.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 613

Replies: 4

Related Articles