HS105 mini plugs - cannot enable remote control

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2017-08-12 11:11:12
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

I have been trying for hours to figure this out, but no luck. Can get everything set up except enabling remote control setting so Echo Dot can discover the device (HS105). The remote control option is greyed out on the settings page, so cannot click on it to turn on that option. When I do try to click on it, I get a message that says "Login Required - Please login to your account to control your devices remotely." I am already logged in, but trying to log in again just takes me back to the screen that has "Today's Summary," "Runtime," etc., on it. I have several other mini plugs that I installed months ago with no issues, and these still work fine. I am (pretty sure) that everything has the current updates applied. Please help! Thank you.
Options
13 Reply
Re:HS105 mini plugs - cannot enable remote control
2017-08-14 10:18:48
Cloud Account is the first step to enable the remote control.
Here is an instruction you can follow to link kasa with alexa: http://www.tp-link.com/en/faq-948.html

You may need to login with the cloud account and setup the devices again, if you can't see the plugs when you login .
Options
2017-08-24 02:24:54
I have the exact same problem.The problem is logging into the app. I believe the app does authenticate me as typing in wrong password gives a different expected behaviour.Basically the authentication is never cached for subsequent requests. The app requests login with every operation so you can never get far enough to enable remote control.App version 1.8.2.671Android. 7.1.2I've deleting cache, reinstalling app all with same result.
Options
2017-08-24 02:27:05
I have the exact same problem.The problem is logging into the app. I believe the app does authenticate me as typing in wrong password gives the a different behaviour.Basically the authentication is never cached for subsequent requests. It requests login with every operation so you can never get far enough to enable remote control.
Options
2017-08-25 10:09:03
use the latest version of kasa and update firmware of your plug
Options
app version of kasa is latest.
2017-08-25 19:26:48
As I mentiond above I have a pp version 1.8.2.671 which is still the latest version.

As for the firmware on the plug it has been updated though I would say that is an utter irrelevence.
Options
2017-08-29 09:35:39
If you click three lines on the top left on the home screen of Kasa, do you see your account name? Maybe you can login from another phone.
Options
2017-08-29 20:27:13
It always just gives you the oppertunity to login , you can never actualy login.

So indeed using an older android I can login. It would be intersting to the know the android version of the original submitter of this item,@Bookmountain ?

Steve.
Options
Same problem for me.
2017-09-01 00:08:53
I log in, and confirm it is correct by trying incorrect passwords, but it never thinks I have logged in. Which I would call a bug. A failure. So how do we find out what is the latest app for Android and how do we get it? Why doesn't Update take care of that? And if we get a newer one, will it work. This is looking too complicated for even a techee to put up with.

I am using 1.7.10 and there is a update for my smart plug mini's, but not for the app (so the app says.) If the app won't acknowledge my having logged in, how am I going to do any thing?
Options
2017-09-01 04:55:52
I do have the latest version as well so "install the latest version" is not helping us. I updated, I cleared cache, I uninstalled and reinstalled, Same thing, I log in and its happy if I give the correct username/password, but the login does not take. I am not able to get my devices back on the Cloud, where they used to be. Can TP-Link support do something about this? It was working fine back in June.
Options
2017-09-01 09:41:38
Do you see log in as "Guest" on the kasa screen? What's the version of android you are using? Try log on from another phone. You can get the latest app from google play.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 2503

Replies: 13