Setting the WiFi Name and Password

Released On: 2021-01-06 19:21:51Last update time: 2023-07-12 23:07:56

If you want to change the wireless name or wireless password of the Deco network, this guide will show you how to do this.

Here we take Deco M9 Plus as an example.

1. Launch the Deco App, and log in with your TP-Link ID or tap Sign Up to set up a TP-Link ID.

Note: If you are already logged in, this screen will be skipped.

2. Tap “More”, then click on “Wi-Fi”.

3. In the Wi-Fi settings, you have three options: Main NetworkGuest Network, and Shake to Share.

Main Network:

Deco provides both 2.4GHz and 5GHz Wi-Fi networks with the same network name. If you want to use 2.4GHz or 5GHz Wi-Fi only, you can switch off the unwanted Wi-Fi band in the Deco app.

Note: For now, some Deco models do not support this feature, and it will be added via firmware updates in the future.

Click on the SSID or password, then you can change the SSID and password as your desire. You can also hide the SSID if necessary, then tap “Save” to save the changes.

Guest Network:

Enable the Guest network if you want to use it.

Click on the SSID or password, then change the SSID and password as your desire, then tap “Save” to save the changes.

Shake to Share

Shake your phone, then choose the network to share, the method of sharing, and who to share with.

Comment

My router TL-WR840N is not listed. Can TL-WR841N be used by the emulator? thank you.

Promotional code I lost my code how to get a new one

Need help please. I need to change the password on a tp-link 11D4 5g so I can set up new phone. To make matters worse I lost my old phone yesterday. Please help.

Daniel

Deco AC1200 Mesh Network went down, have 4 nodes, all of them connected & communicating with each other.  

Unable to get on the internet with the username and password that I used for network setup.

If I delete the username and password, and setup a new username and password will I need to start the process of installing all the nodes all over again?

I want to change my Wifi Password on my main netword and can't find anywhere that tells me how to do that.  It's already set up and running. I just want to change the password.  Help

upload
    upload