Basic Smart Strip Configuration Steps

Released On: 2021-04-05 18:36:34Last update time: 2022-05-11 23:15:13

This article aims to introduce how to set up the Kasa smart power strip (HS300 KP303) so that you can control it via the Kasa app locally and remotely. Here takes HS300 as a demonstration.

Before we begin:

• Please download the Kasa Smart app from App Store or Google Play and install it on your smartphone.
  • Connect your smartphone to your home Wi-Fi network (2.4 GHz only).
  • Plug HS300 into a power socket.

Steps to configure the HS300 via Kasa App.

1. Open the Kasa App and login to your cloud account.

a.    If you don’t have an account, please sign up with one refer to How to create a TP-Link Cloud Account on Kasa?

b.    Login to the Kasa App with your cloud account.

2. Add HS300 on the Kasa app. Tap “+” and “Add a Device”, then click on “Smart plug” and choose Smart Power Strip.

3. Follow the instruction on the Kasa app to power on the HS300, wait for the Wi-Fi light blinking orange and green.

If the light does not blink orange and green, please reset the HS300 as per UG/QIG.

4. Connect your phone to the HS300’s Wi-Fi. There is a difference between Android and iOS phones in this step.

For Android: Kasa will look for the Wi-Fi automatically, and it will take about a minute.

If you have a problem with this step, please go to Settings->Wi-Fi on your smartphone and connect to the Wi-Fi network of the HS300 manually (same as iOS).

For iOS: You need to connect to the Wi-Fi network of the HS300 manually, please go to Settings->Wi-Fi on your smartphone and connect to the HS300’s Wi-Fi network (TP-LINK_Power Strip_XXXX), and then go back to the Kasa app to continue the setup process.

5. Connect HS300 to your home network. Here we choose “Deco M5” as our home wireless network.

If you cannot find your home network in the Wi-Fi list, please click on “Join Other Network” at the bottom of the Wi-Fi list, then enter your home network SSID and password manually. After this step, the HS300 will be connected to your home network.

6. Name your HS300.

7. Customize an icon for this HS300. We can choose an icon from the list, or choose from the “Albums” of your smartphone or take a photo.

Then enjoy your HS300.

8. Go back to the Home Page of the Kasa app and you can find six new smart outlets.

Take plug1 as an example. You can tap one of the six outlets and turn to its Device Status page. On the Device Status page, you can manage and control the outlet, and swipe left or right to quickly switch among the 6 outlets.

9. Tap https://static.tp-link.com/%E5%9B%BE%E6%A0%87_1543990017086w.png to enter the Device Settings page, click on “Name and Icon” to edit the name and icon of the outlet, click on “Device Info” to view the basic information of the HS300.

Note: If you encounter any problems during the above steps, you can press and hold one of the control buttons for 10 seconds to reset the power strip.

Comment

I know there was a way to move/arrange the order of the plugs, but I think I messed mine up, as it's turning things off in the wrong order.

Is there a way to edit that arrangement again without having to set it all up all over again?

Gggggggg

Mahtab 

Well, this is probably a dead end but here it is. I can turn each plug on and off. That's it. Can not get any timing to work. Had just about enough trying. Unless there is an actual manual or other such "walk you through the process" then I'm just going to write this one off as a loss and go back to the old pin placement timers seeing how that's really all I want at the moment. Simply turn it on at 6 am then turn it off at 5 pm. Not the smartest guy on the block but this is ridiculous.  Any help would be appreciated.

I'm using an iPhone 11, and my Kasa app. After literally 5 failed attempts to get the TP link to recognize my "smart" power strip (HS300), I'm about to give up. I've tried logging first into the TP Link (per instruction), but afterward, the iphone Kasa app says to switch to using my home wifi.  Really? This doesn't make sense.  No matter what I try (moving power strip closer to wifi hub), Kasa and my wifi network aren't compatible. Will resort to contacting support. If you haven't found it, here you go:  Home Products call 1-866-225-8139. For Business Products, Business Accessories and Outdoor Products call 1-844-287-4762. A TP-Link Customer Service representative will help you troubleshoot the issue(s) you are experiencing.

I am having the same issues as Jeanette T except I am using a Samsung S23 android. I have Fios and have the fastest internet they offer. I cannot get the sys light to stop blinking orange/green. When I do connect to it it tells me that it is connected without the internet. I have the HS300 V1 strip. Any suggestions or do I need to contact the 866-225-8039 number for help.

Thank you

upload
    upload