Notifications for when device is on or off or anything else

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2019-12-20 21:39:52
Model: HS200  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Is there a way to get notifications on my phone or via email when the switch is turned on, or off, or when it's been on for a while, or any other states?  I don't see anything that allows me to do this.  I took a peak at IFTTT and I didn't see anything there either, but I've never really played around with that.

Is this a feature that's coming anytime soon?  Having notifications seems like a key feature to it being a smart device.  My WEMO devices have this and it'd be great if the TPLINK devices did as well.

Options
5 Reply
Re:Notifications for when device is on or off or anything else
2019-12-21 00:29:33

@SmartyPants 

Because our devices are only action devices on IFTTT this would not be possible with that service.  We may be able to add this to a smart action but at this time i have not heard of any plans for such a feature.   I will forward this to R and D as a request though.

Options
2019-12-21 00:31:35

@Carl Thanks for the reply.  I would imagine this is a commonly requested feature.  Everything has notifications now a days :).  Having smart devices let you know when it's on or off or when some action has been done would be awesome.

Options
2019-12-21 00:37:18

@SmartyPants 

Actually its the first time I have seen this particular request, but it does seem like it should be requested a lot more.  I know there will be people like me that hate notifications and turn them off when ever possible but others do find the useful.  I am actually in the process of emailing the team I'll let you know when they respond.

Options
2019-12-21 01:17:42
Thanks! That'd be awesome. Just FYI, I searched the forum and found at least one other person asking from a while back https://community.tp-link.com/us/home/forum/topic/99204?replyId=211008. Not that it makes a huge argument for it :).
Options
2019-12-31 00:23:25

@SmartyPants 

Thanks for the heads up.  As you can imaging keeping up on these things can be a challenge in its own right.  I will review the other post and update both as soon as i hear anything. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 601

Replies: 5

Related Articles