Smart plug stops attempting to connect after a minute

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-02-04 00:42:21
Model: HS105  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 2.19.0

I had to reset my router and now my smart plugs won't connect. I get through setup all the way to connecting them to the home network tland the start flashing blue. After a minute it goes back to blue and orange blinking and a few minutes later the app says I need to reconnect. All other products working fine with WiFi, same router and network settings as before.

I have held the power button down to factory reset both to no avail. I've also removed and reinstalled the app.

Options
3 Reply
Re:Smart plug stops attempting to connect after a minute
2020-02-04 16:45:50

@Moose717 

Go into your router wireless settings. If the version is currently set to WPA2-PSK, change that to WPA-PSK, save it. Now factory reset the smart plug by holding the button for 15 seconds. The plug should now connect to the network, once it is, change the wireless setting back to what it was.

Options
2020-02-04 23:29:11

@Tony I just tried this and it tried to connect again but went back to blinking blue and orange.

Options
2020-02-05 23:38:05

@Moose717 

Verify the wireless password by using your cell phone to forget your Wi-Fi and reconnect just to make sure the password being used when setting up the plug in Kasa is correct. Factory default the plug again by holding the button for 20 seconds and set up the plug. 

Anothing thing you can try is to use a different smart phone to see if the plug will connect.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1680

Replies: 3

Related Articles