Connecting to the ground wire

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-07-29 20:24:01
Model: HS200  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

My switch has bundle of ground wires connected to a wire connector (right green wires) which is how the Kasa instructions, but then I have an additional ground wire that is connected to the switch (left green wire). This wire is not showen in the Kasa installation instructions. Should I be adding the ground wire from the Kasa HS220 to the single ground wire or adding it to the wire connector? If I should be adding it to the wire connector, what do I do with the single ground wire that was previously connected to the switch?

Options
3 Reply
Re:Connecting to the ground wire
2020-07-30 15:16:46

@t2merriman 

You generally want to use the existing wiring from the current outlet so according to the install guide, you would use the single ground wire.

Options
2020-07-30 15:21:47

@Tony So I should connect the ground wire from the HS220 to the single wire and leave the bunched ground wires alone?

Options
2020-07-30 18:54:15

@t2merriman 

I am not sure about the bundled wiring, you could probably consult an electrician to see if that may be an issue, but if the previous outlet used the single ground then that should be used according to whoever originally installed it.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1690

Replies: 3

Related Articles