Internet linking to EP40 outdoor plug

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-08-08 13:19:31

My AT&T BGW210 with an extender 2 feet from the EP40 outdoor plug cannot connect.  I have other Kasa indoor plugs that link easily.  Could the problem be that this plug is outdoors, with a garage wall between it and the extender?  Since it's called an outdoor plug, I would think that the design would have to compensate for that.  ISO far I cannot find and FAQs or helps on this issue. 

Options
1 Reply
Re:Internet linking to EP40 outdoor plug
2022-08-10 00:48:08

@Rick2001,

This could very well be the reason, but I would think it would still be able to detect the presence of a network. Most garages in the United States are separated from the main house by a fire wall for safety. This means that it can often be difficult to achieve a reliable signal in the garage. Try to connect the plug inside the house to your account, to see if the connection is the issue.

Options