Recommended spacing in gang box?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-10-09 20:21:57
Model: KP200  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 3.8

Is there a recommended spacing inside of a gang box for a KP200 smart outlet? I just installed one in a box and had to mash it in there pretty good to get it to fit since it's in the middle of a line of outlets and there's some junctions (i.e. extra wires and wire nuts) inside that box. Should I be concerned about heat at all?

Options
1 Reply
Re:Recommended spacing in gang box?
2022-10-11 00:50:54

@timwoj,

I do not think you have anything to worry about, the devices were already designed to be used in a tight environment. Most wall switches are pretty crowded when it comes to the space and wires behind them. The biggest concern when there are a lot of connections in a gang box is that a wire could come dislodged and bridge a connection between them, For this reason, it is extremely important that you connect all the wires securely, as it could be knocked lose by all the extras in the box.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 292

Replies: 1

Related Articles