Votes

Color Presets / Selection Feature & Schedule/Scene Requests

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Votes

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-12-12 15:21:59
Tags: #color
Model: KL135  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.13

Probably both a firmware and app request.

• More Light presets: Since presets are the only way to select bulb colors / mode in schedules and scenes (via the current "Set Lighting" feature), having only five (with one of those dedicated to Auto) is exceptionally limiting. I don't see a good reason to limit the number of presets other than available memory, but at least 16 would be much more flexible.
  • Better than that: Allow direct selection of color / color temp and brightness in schedules and scenes. In other words, don't limit this to presets. Allow bringing up a color / color temp selector and brightness slider, so presets aren't a limitation.
  • Make color selection consistent: There are currently no less than three different color selectors: A color wheel on the light control screen; a rather limited color chart b(the default on the Presets / Pick a Color screen); and an odd "square" color "circle" option on the Presets / Pick a Color screen, which definitely does not work exactly like the color circle on the Control screen. After accidently editing the factory "Red" preset, I can't for the life of me reconfigure a Preset back to true Red. All of these screens / color selector options should be consistent and available anywhere color can be picked.
  • Make color picking easier: Regarding that desired color picking consistency, each screen with a color selector should offer options for: Color Wheel, a more expansive Color "block" selector (like the default on the Presets / Color screen, just with more colors), a color Name list (e.g., "Red", "Green", "Blue", in addition to a editable list pre-populated with common colors like "Purple", "Orange", etc.), and ideally, direct R/G/B value inputs (0-254 for each of Red, Green, Blue). The end goal is that all available color picking options are available anywhere the app allows for color picking, and it should be ridiculously easy to exactly specify the same color on multiple bulbs without a bunch of trial and error.
  • Allow setting the current color as a Preset: Simple enough - I've finally got the color I want dialed in on the light's control screen. Let me save that directly to a preset.
  • Make all presets global: Once I find the perfect color, don't make me go through the ENTIRE process again on EVERY SINGLE BULB. The preset list should be globally available to every color-capable device in the app.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 266

Replies: 0

Voters 0

No one has voted for it yet.

Tags

color