KS230 - 3-way dimmer SATELLITE WONT CONNECT TO APP

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-01-17 01:30:11
Model: KS230 KIT  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.14

Hello 

I just bought a bunch of KASA switch dimmers.  KS230 Kit -  (hardware: 1.0, Firmware: 1.0.14,, Mac: 28:87:BA:1B:CB:53): 

Both the physical switches work

I can only get the MAIN dimmer on the app, NOT the satellite. 

The MAIN switch has a reboot button I hit for it to turn green/red, and can set it up on app and it works fine.  However the satellite has no reboot/restart button, and the main doesnt seem to control it. 

How do I get the SATELLITE on the APP?  

Do i need both the main and satellite on the app since they are both controlling the same light - so the main can make it work, but i want to set this right from the start. 

Can soemone please help coz spending a day with Kasa HELP has gone no where. 

thank you 

Options
3 Reply
Re:KS230 - 3-way dimmer SATELLITE WONT CONNECT TO APP
2023-01-17 17:23:53

@supi2022 

Like our HS210 (non-dimmer 3-way) only one switch actually connects to the Kasa app.  The 2nd switch does not.  With the KS230 it was taken a step further and the 2nd switch really is a non-wireless dummy switch.  Both switches are required to be connected in the same 3-way run for the KS230 to work, which is how it sounds like you have it setup so you should be good to go.

Options
2023-01-17 17:38:32

@Carl this is not correct.  

I have Ks 230. Only my main dimmer is connecting to the app. 

the satellite works physically on the switch. But the satellite won't show up on the app.  

are both the main and satellite supposed to be on the same for 230 or just the main?? Every time I call kasa I get a different answer.  I am beyond frustrated with this company 

Options
2023-01-17 17:48:20

@supi2022 

What's not correct?  For the KS230 only one switch, the main switch, will be set up in the app.  The 2nd switch or the satellite doesn't show up in the app because its a dummy switch.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 353

Replies: 3

Related Articles