KL50 clear Filament smart bulb Availability?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-02-07 14:19:15 - last edited 2023-02-07 14:41:37

I can no longer find a clear glass LED smart bulb like the KL50.  Everything I see now has a frosted glass cover.   Does not work with my high end light  fixture when using a frosted cover bulb.  Where can I get a clear glass LED dimmable smart bulb that is compatible with the TP link system. 

Does anyone know if they make a clear glass LED smart bulb or if I can still get the KL50 somewhere.

Thanks

Options
3 Reply
Re:KL50 clear Filament smart bulb Availability?
2023-02-07 17:35:27

@EricE,

Unfortunately, we do not have any clear glass bulbs. For most high-end fixtures and needs, its recommended to use a dimmer switch for control.

You won't find many clear glass LEDs on the market, as the frosted glass has the function of refracting and combining the 3 LED diodes in the bulbs to create the correct color. Without the frostsed glass, the lights would not be able to provide colors, and would provide far less light; let alone the fact that Smart LED bulbs have exposed circuit boards in this area which would look even worse.

Feel free to create a new product request for your idea, as I could see a lot of others taking advantage of a product like this. I will also try and talk with our teams to see if there are any future plans for similar products.

Options
2023-06-12 03:58:00

@Riley_S Why were the KL50 and KL60 bulbs discontinued? Very disappointing. I have number of them and now when one goes bad I will not be able to match the others I have. Not everyone wants the frosted glass look, and when the bulbs are lit the small elements inside the clear glass bulb are not very noticeable.

Options
2023-06-12 19:48:54

@Irmie,

Not sure, as these devices have not been available since I started. I will forward the feedback that this is a product line that we would like to see reintroduced in the future.

I believe, however, that they may have been retired due to most fixtures using these devices were either controlled with switches/dimmers, or have integrated lighting controls in the fixture.

We have seen a surge in interest in new lighting solutions from our R&D team, such as the announcement at CES of GU10 bulbs; so the feedback will definitely be welcomed.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 371

Replies: 3

Related Articles