Strip lights

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Strip lights

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Strip lights
Strip lights
2023-06-14 01:03:37

My sons strip lights suddenly stopped working. I can see it's getting power because they are on, but extremely dim and flashing blue. The outlet they are plugged to works just fine, and my wifi is on and working and all my other Kasa switches and outlets are fine.

this happened all of a sudden and it's a non stop blinking really really faint blue. I tried resetting multiple times and nothing. Please help!

Options
1 Reply
Re:Strip lights
2023-06-14 17:24:29

Hey  @Jdlc;

First off, what device do you specifically have?

Secondly, in the Kasa App, are you able to set up the device or see that the device is online?

If you have an additional light strip installed, you may try swapping the controllers to see if the behavior is limited to the LED strip or to the controller itself.

For most models, you can perform a factory reset by unplugging and replugging the AC adapter from the controller 5 times for a soft reset, or 10 times for a hard reset. If one of the reset methods is not working, I would recommend trying the other method.

Lastly, due to how you mention that the lights are dim, I would recommend inspecting the connectors to make sure that all the arrows are aligned on the strip and connector, and that there are no loose connections.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 415

Replies: 1

Related Articles