Votes

Changing Networks

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Votes

Changing Networks

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Changing Networks
Changing Networks
2023-08-17 16:32:08

It is such a nucience to have to factory reset each smare device when you have to change your Wifi network.  There sould be a setting on each device to be able to select a new/different network. I changes my ISP and though I used the same network name and password, I had to reset each device. Now I have a vpn router and wand to change them over so Google Home can control the devices.  So annoying.  Will need to update my review on Amazon to reflect this annoyance.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Changing Networks
2023-08-17 23:39:48

@TeriCuocci 

The reason for this is that you have to be physically connected to the smart device to configure it for a home network.  Once it's on a home network the default network is disabled and there is no direct access to the device, except through the commands sent through its cloud interface.  You can't use this cloud interface to change the network because as soon as the network name changes it won't be on the network and the command can't complete. A full reset shouldn't be need just remove the device from your Kasa app that should trigger the connection process (blinking orange/green light) and allow you to re-add the device on the new network.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 227

Replies: 1

Voters 0

No one has voted for it yet.