Amazon Alexa turns lights on and immediately off on first request

2023-12-07 15:45:16
Model: Kasa HS210  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.1.5

Weird issue I'm having with a 3-way switch and hoping someone can help!

My "kitchen lights" are wired with two 3-way HS210 switches. When I ask Alexa to "turn on the lights in the kitchen" when I haven't asked recently, it switches the lights on and then immediately off (I.e. the lights flash on for a second). When I asked again, they come on as expected. No issues when I request to turn them off. Also no issues if I've turned them on/off recently. Just if they haven't been on for a while. 

I've tried removing and reinstalling the switches from the Alexa app and the Kasa app, resetting the switches, but it's still an issue.

Just an annoying thing when you want the lights on and have to ask Alexa twice in a row so they stay on!

thanks for the help!

Options
3 Reply
Re:Amazon Alexa turns lights on and immediately off on first request
2024-01-11 20:40:42

@Abraver2 I'm having almost exactly the same problem, and it's been happening for a month or more. There are a couple of differences. One, the light is connected to one HS210 and one mechanical 3-way switch. (I have exactly the same setup for another light which always works correctly.) Second, it doesn't matter how many times I tell it, it still flashes on, then goes off immediately. Also, this only happens when the command is picked up by a certain echo device, and seems to intermittently work ok; and it always works fine when other echo/echo dot devices respond to the command. So that made me think that perhaps that one echo device just needed to be restarted. I just did so, and for now it seems to be working correctly. Are you still experiencing the problem?

Options
2024-01-11 21:10:24

@NotQuiteAncient I am! Still no resolution unfortunately. 

Options
2024-04-28 03:39:33

@Abraver2 Just so you know, I am too. It comes and goes, with no obvious reason. Wish I could figure it out!

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 809

Replies: 3

Related Articles