Person detection zones for Tapo D230S1

Votes

2024-06-09 10:39:25
Tags: #TapoD230S!

Hi Tapo product team,

I bought the Tapo Doorbell assuming it would have a similar amount of customizability to the other Tapo cameras that I have. I currently have the C720 and the C520WS. 

The main functionality I am after is the ability to:

1. Set detection zones not just for motion but also for people, pets and cars
  2. To customise whether I get notifications for motion, people, pets and cars

These are the key functions that make using the cameras so great because you can ensure you're only getting notified for relevant events in relevant areas. Unfortunately with the way the current doorbell works, it captures the entire field of view for anything people, pets or cars related which leads to a lot of unnecessary notifications as most doorbells will face the streetfront where there is plenty of people who are walking or driving past but not necessarily entering your property.

I recognise there is some limitation likely around power usage due to the other cameras being wired/powered vs the doorbell which is battery powered and likely a different detection method used for the person, pet and car vs just pure motion. However, as someone who often uses battery doorbells (I use battery because I attach my doorbell right to the door rather than a wall) I always have two batteries on hand for a quick swap. I would love there to be a 'power option' where the camera can make the most of Tapo's AI detection technology at the cost of extra battery because even if I have to swap the battery once a month instead of the advertised 180 days that would be worth it for that extra optionality. 

Please consider this as a function and it will make the product even more flexible since you are not forcing users to use this.

Warm regards,

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 149

Replies: 0

Voters 0

No one has voted for it yet.

Tags

TapoD230S!