HS200 install - no wifi indicator. Flashing orange

2024-08-10 19:51:06
Model: Kasa HS200  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version:

I'm trying to install a HS200 to replace the light switch in an existing config that has a light switch and a fan switch. All I'm concerned about is controlling the light. When I power the circuit up after installation, all I see is the round indicator light that flashes orange/green. THERE IS NO WIFI that lights up. Curiously, I do see a device when I attempt to use the app, but it never connects. 

I read somewhere that the HS200 requires separate lead and load and I think that is my problem. I noticed that there is a jumper(?) that goes from the light switch to the fan switch so I think that the lead and load are not separated. Does that make sense? I am not an electrician and didn't take know much about wiring.

Options
4 Reply
Re:HS200 install - no wifi indicator. Flashing orange
2024-08-10 20:35:07
I bypassed the jumper and it's still the same. It controls the lights fine manually. There is no WiFi indicator light at all and the circle indicator flashes green/orange. Thanks for any advice here.
Options
2024-08-10 23:54:19
Nevermind. Wandered across the solution. I ran a Wi-Fi sniffer and saw a tplink broadcast that I did not recognize. I manually joined that and was able to complete the setup. Turns out, there is no WiFi indicator on my version of the switch. Go figure.
Options
2024-08-20 05:07:06

@fisherdmin what app did you use? Im having this same problem with a hs220, glowing green and orange, no WiFi ssid showing up 

Options
2024-08-20 17:42:10

@Iksonad During the setup process, you need to make a temporary connection to the device itself. I used WIFI Analyzer to see what was broadcasting and then looked at my list of available WiFi sources and joined it. I didn't recall the exact name, but it was fairly obvious. 

How that helps.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 158

Replies: 4

Related Articles