EAP245 is sometimes showing default captive portal instead of our custom captive portal

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

EAP245 is sometimes showing default captive portal instead of our custom captive portal

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2018-09-02 13:32:24

I've set up a (custom) captive portal on our access point. However, sometimes it is showing the default captive portal (that page where they should enter an username and password) instead of our custom one. Any idea why it's displaying the wrong captive portal?

My settings (please let me know if any other screenshot is required to give an answer to my problem);

IPs and URLs are correctly set.

Line 1 is set to the IP adress of our Radius server. Line 2 is set to the URL of setting 'external web portal URL' from screenshot 1. Line 3 is set to the IP address of our captive portal.

Options
3 Reply
Re:EAP245 is sometimes showing default captive portal instead of our custom captive portal
2018-09-03 12:41:46

Hi,

The login page like this? It may because your Omada Controller is offline. You need to keep your Controller online when you are using this portal function. You can refer to https://www.tp-link.com/en/faq-2051.html for more information.

Options
Re:Re:EAP245 is sometimes showing default captive portal instead of our custom captive portal
2018-09-03 16:43:32

Thank you for your reply, 7eleven.

But the FAQ page indicates;

1. Features are available and can be configured both on Controller and EAPs in Standalone mode. If the EAP/Omada Controller is offline, this kinds of features configured with EAP/Omada Controller still work with EAPs.
  • Portal: No Authentication, Simple Password, External Radius Server

So it should mean that the captive portal should work even when the controller is down?

Options
Re: EAP245 is sometimes showing default captive portal instead of our custom captive portal
2018-09-03 18:27:31

Rik wrote

So it should mean that the captive portal should work even when the controller is down?

Yes, but depending on the fimware version you will just get the local portal from the EAP. The selection between local and external portal for RADIUS has been added in recent firmware versions only. Which hardware/firmware version are you using?

༺ 0100 1101 0010 10ཏ1 0010 0110 1010 1110 ༻
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1146

Replies: 3