[REGRESSION] Omada SDN Software Controller 4.15 / Scheduler can no longer be tied to individual APs

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

[REGRESSION] Omada SDN Software Controller 4.15 / Scheduler can no longer be tied to individual APs

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-07-14 19:40:37

With Omada Controller 3.x it was possible to create a schedule which is bound to an AP instead of a wireless network.

This way I turn off certain APs inside the house during the night without turning the wireless network off completely.

With 4.1.5 this functionality is lost and I can only turn off entire wireless networks.

Please consider restoring this functionality as this is significant regression in flexibility.

Options
6 Reply
Re:[REGRESSION] Omada SDN Software Controller 4.15 / Scheduler can no longer be tied to individual APs
2020-07-15 02:26:59

@ASCII 

Hello,

ASCII wrote

With Omada Controller 3.x it was possible to create a schedule which is bound to an AP instead of a wireless network.

This way I turn off certain APs inside the house during the night without turning the wireless network off completely.

With 4.1.5 this functionality is lost and I can only turn off entire wireless networks.

Please consider restoring this functionality as this is significant regression in flexibility.

This will be forwarded as a feature request to our developers for consideration. Thank you again for your feedback.

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
Re:[REGRESSION] Omada SDN Software Controller 4.15 / Scheduler can no longer be tied to individual APs
2020-07-15 12:22:44

@Fae Thank you

Options
2020-07-19 02:45:59 - last edited 2020-07-19 02:46:34

Dear TP LINK,

I love the new controller but comptablity is a major issue.  We purchased our Access Points from Amazon a few years ago. Not more then 2-3 years. I have EAP 330 & EAP 245 and invoice going back as far as 2018.  Removing support and funtionality for products that short is very diffcult, I am sure many orgzantaions who have these APS will be forced to update them because they have no option. The upgrading process was very diff, it was not plug and play and adopt. I had to connect it and update the frimware before it would even adopt the AP. this is the latest V3 from Amazon. I do not like running legacy or older hardware.  Please provide better options and paths or at least a upgrade progam. Now I have multiple APS that will need to be upgraded and be tossed and not used. 

Thank You 

Options
2020-07-19 08:39:18 - last edited 2020-07-19 08:45:42

NETWORKENG wrote

The upgrading process was very diff, it was not plug and play and adopt.

The upgrade process for supported EAPs is very easy if you obey the order of migrating/upgrading the controller before upgrading the EAP firmwares.

See this post how it can be done in just a few minutes using batch upgrade.

Note that when migrating the old controller to the new one, EAPs will already appear as »Connected« in the new controller even if not yet running the new firmware. Nothing more to be done except a batch upgrade of the EAP's firmwares.

In the post linked to above I did set up the SDN controller from the very beginning, so I had to adopt the EAPs running the old firmware. In this case one either needs to make note of the old device account or to set the device account in the old controller back to »admin/admin« while the EAPs are still being managed by the old controller. Alternatively, EAPs can be reset to factory defaults and will be configured as soon as they are adopted in the new controller.

In my opinion, the upgrade path to the SDN Controller couldn't be any easier.

༺ 0100 1101 0010 10ཏ1 0010 0110 1010 1110 ༻
Options
2020-08-05 14:52:21
Unfortunately this addresses the batch upgrade, only. But what I do not see is any feedback to the unnecessarily short lifetime for EAP330, especially.
Options
2020-09-02 00:48:17
Count me in as someone else who would like to see this feature. I'd really like to be able to schedule the power for individual APs to help reduce my energy footprint.
Options