TL-SG1016PE PoE power cycling?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-09-02 12:33:06
Model: TL-SG1016PE  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hello everyone,

I am looking for a switch that allows me to power cycle specific PoE ports, to reset devices connected to those ports.

For example: rebooting a PoE camera, or access point, etc. Will the TL-SG1016PE be able to do this?

Please help, thanks!

Options
1 Reply
Re:TL-SG1016PE PoE power cycling?
2020-09-03 01:10:50

Dear @ottplribo,

I am looking for a switch that allows me to power cycle specific PoE ports, to reset devices connected to those ports.

For example: rebooting a PoE camera, or access point, etc. Will the TL-SG1016PE be able to do this? 

I'm afraid that TP-Link PoE switches cannot reboot the connected PDs via PoE ports. But we can manually reboot the PoE ports by disabling and re-enable the specific PoE ports from web UI.

In addition, if it helps, the TL-SG1016PE supports PoE Auto Recovery. With it enabled, the switch detects the link status between the ports and connected PDs. The switch pings the IP addresses of PDs constantly. If a PD loses connection, the switch will reboot it(the corresponding PoE port) automatically.

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options