Unable to ping/communicates between the devices connected to the Omada Network

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Unable to ping/communicates between the devices connected to the Omada Network

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
22 Reply
Re:Unable to ping/communicates between the devices connected to the Omada Network
2020-12-03 10:35:12

@BePo @Fae 

Hi both,

It's happening to me again as I type. I haven't rebooted anything because I want TP-Link to see if they can pull any logs from the OC200/EAPs, also because TPLink Tech support want me to delete and then recreate the SSID's. Does anyone on here know if that would actually do anything? Since rebooting the EAPs have resolved in the past. I can't keep recreating the SSID's everytime we face this issue.

Screenshot of my statistics below, showing dropped packets for last month with data points 1 hour apart. Shows some dropped packets but it is very noticeable when the issue begins!

Options
Re:Unable to ping/communicates between the devices connected to the Omada Network
2020-12-03 17:55:50

@BePo @Fae  

Additionally after some further checks it looks to be affecting only 2.4Ghz frequency. All the dropped packets is in the 2.4Ghz freq and I can't communicate/ping to and from devices that connect using 2.4GHz frequency. I have turned off the 2.4Ghz radios and turned them back on again but no difference was made.

This must be a bug with the firmware.

Options
2020-12-03 21:13:43

@BeppeTPL @Fae  

Sorry for another post but think I may have got to the bottom of the issue on my OC200. I have been looking into this all day today without rebooting anything.

I have changed this setting on the OC200:

Settings -> Site -> Advanced Features -> Expand Beacon Control -> for 2.4Ghz & 5Ghz untick Airtime Fairness

Since unticking that setting for both frequencies wireless devices have been able to ping/communicate with each other and the dropped packets has subsided. Without the need to reboot the EAP's or OC200.

Hope this works for you too. Though I don't think Airtime fairness should be causing this

Options
2020-12-04 05:54:01

Dear @JD792,

Sorry for another post but think I may have got to the bottom of the issue on my OC200. I have been looking into this all day today without rebooting anything.

I have changed this setting on the OC200:

Settings -> Site -> Advanced Features -> Expand Beacon Control -> for 2.4Ghz & 5Ghz untick Airtime Fairness

Since unticking that setting for both frequencies wireless devices have been able to ping/communicate with each other and the dropped packets has subsided. Without the need to reboot the EAP's or OC200.

Welcome and thank you so much for sharing this possible solution on the Community, we really appreciate it!

Dear @BeppeTPL, could you please verify whether the Advanced features like Airtime Fairness is enabled on your Controller?

If it is, you may also try to disable the Airtime Fairness and check if it helps with your case.

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
2020-12-04 17:53:36

@Fae 

Thanks! I hope it resolves the issue for @BeppeTPL as well and anyone else that may have this issue. Can I ask if this is a bug and should Airtime Fairness be causing this issue?

Options
2020-12-05 14:30:45

Dear @Fae,

I checked the configuration and the Airtime Fairness was active.

Once disabled on both frequencies (2,4GHz and 5Ghz) the problem was solved. Now I'm able to ping the devices.

Thanks @JD792 for the suggestion.

Next days I'll keep monitored the correct functioning but I think that this is not the final solution to solve the issue.

TP-Link has to solve the problem.

I ask you for an opinion, in order to try to solve the problem I set daily reboot for both EAP, what should I do? (keep active daily, change to weekly or monthly?)

Thanks

Options
2020-12-07 14:19:52

@BeppeTPL 

Thats great! I agree TP-Link should investigate this bug. Airtime fairness shouldn't be causing this issue.

I would see how you get on without a reboot schedule

Options
2020-12-17 01:53:05

Dear @JD792@BeppeTPL,

To confirm, do you have a wifi printer in your network? If so, may I know the model number of the printer?

Would you mind our senior engineer contacting you with your registered email address to investigating the problem?

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
2020-12-17 12:06:06

Hi @Fae 

Yes there is a wireless printer on the network it is a HP DeskJet 2630 but it was still happening when I turned it off.

Of course they may contact me to investigate further.

Options
2021-07-16 04:08:03

@BeppeTPL 

I have a Canon MF634CDW which had the same issue.  I couldn't print wireless when connected to any of my EAP225s (2 indoor units & 2 outdoor units).  The printer is connected to the 2.4 GHz network..  

When I turn off "Airtime Fairness" on the 2.4 GHz network, i can ping the printer and see it.  If I turn "Airtime Fairness" back on, printer can't be seen.

Indoor EAPs are running 2.7.0 Build 20200113 Rel. 38287.  Outdoor EAPs are running 1.7.0 Build 20200113 Rel. 35383.

Options
Related Articles