EAP245 - works fine in standalone - when I adopt the SSID disappears

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-12-25 07:07:20
Model: EAP245  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version:

Hi, I just bought a brand new EAP245 v3.

It will work just fine when I set it in standalone mode. I can set the SSID and password and all good. When I adopt it in the controller software, the SSID turns off and no wifi is available. In the 'config' section of access points there's only a drop down of "Default" and there is no way to enter a new SSID or password or even select it. It's blank.

Anyone know what the hecks going on?

Options
1 Reply
Re:EAP245 - works fine in standalone - when I adopt the SSID disappears
2020-12-26 00:38:47

@nihongo 

Hey hope you are well

You mentioned that you have adopted the device via a Software Controller.  Have you recreated the SSID on the controller under Settings > Wireless Networks?   When the controller adopts the device it fundamentally wipes it and applies the settings from the controller as you describe happens.

Also check you have an up to date firmware for the device.     the 245 v3 newest is   v5.00  as shown below

SDN Controller I would recommend v4.15 or the newer 4.24 ideally. 

what you are describing sound like either the Wireless network is not set on the controller, or the firmware is not correct between the controller version and the EAP.

Whatever details you can provide will help us help you sort this

Phil

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 579

Replies: 1