How to add an Omada Gateway to the network with Controller v4.4.3 or above

How to add an Omada Gateway to the network with Controller v4.4.3 or above

Re:【FAQs Released】How to add an Omada Gateway to the network?
2021-02-02 21:12:19
wait a moment... an edit icon appeared under action... i was to slow i guess :)... ok lets continue with the following steps
Options
2021-02-02 21:45:00
Yeah, this isn't exactly an easy process. I'm sure there's even a better way to do this, like setting up a temporary controller, configuring it, then moving it to the docker. But it did work for me, so there's that.
Options
2021-02-02 21:53:43
Although I've achieved to manually set the IP range to my own network, adopting the router is still a pain in the neck, despite following the steps. So I give up, probably will send this back to the reseller. It is up to TP-Link to FAST DEVELOP a fix for this serious problem as it is a disgrace for releasing this hardware with such an obvious bug. I'm really disappointed, especially the reaction of the forum moderators telling their customers hoping that v5 will come soon. A comedy of errors to say the least. I want to thank you for at least comming up with some kind of sollution which may help others to adopt this router.
Options
2021-02-02 22:09:58
Yeah, sorry to hear that. They're putting out great hardware at great prices, but the software and support need to be up to snuff too.
Options
2021-02-08 18:33:07
I agree. It definitely needs a fix now. I was just waiting for the Gateway to come into stock before purchasing it together with some new Omada compatible switches. My Omada controller is running in a Docker container with a fixed IP address in the 192.168.8.x range Lucky I came across this thread otherwise I would have been pulling my hair out on how to adopt the Gateway
Options
2021-03-05 21:49:53

@Fae Well, these instructions to adopt a GW works for a while...

My GW have almost 27 days of uptime, today I noticed that Omada (SW-controller) is back to a loop trying to Adopt and Provision the GW..

Options
2021-03-15 01:02:26

@Fae I spent quite some hours trying to figure out why I couldn't get adoption to work. I eventually figured out that my device account had a space in it. Removing the space fixed the problem. It seems that my OC200 is more permissive about user names than my TL-R605, which means is continuously fails without giving a useful error. If I recall correctly the OC200 originally prompted me for my name and it wasn't clear it meant username.

Options
2021-03-15 01:28:36

@takahe The username for my account was "one word" without spaces. Adoption of the TL-R605 was from the start a problem simply because it has a fixed IP address of 192.168.0.1 and it could not talk to my subnet 172.16.x.x 

Problem is still there: LAN cannot be edited as described in the previous posts despite the last firmware update to 4.2.11 (1.7.4 Build 20210118 Rel. 72627).

Options
2021-03-19 08:56:07

@BFH Worked for me, thank you!

I was fighting this for a few days!

Options
2021-04-02 20:50:59

Was super happy with my Omada network untill my ISP dropped and when it came back up my R605 Gateway is no longer connected. So I

have been unable to get it to adopt using any of the above methoud. I guess I will be force to reset to factory . This is a really stupid oversight from the firmware develpers.

DO we have a estimate on when the fix might be out from anyone at TP-Link?

Options