Can i add 2 Router VPN gateway to omada in single site ?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-11-15 21:53:53
Model: ER7206 (TL-ER7206)  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

Hi ,

I have 1 ER7206 Router insalled in one site and with switches and AP 

my question can add 2nd router to single site ?

if i do , from where omada will take internet ?

and s you know both by default have dhcp server on in subnet 192.168.0.1 ? 

please if some one clear it to me

Options
4 Reply
Re:Can i add 2 Router VPN gateway to omada in single site ?
2023-11-16 02:26:52

Hi @MeowMeow 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

Not sure what you mean. Would be better if you could draw a diagram to illustrate your goal.

Any TP-Link products start with the DHCP server 192.168.0.1/24.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Options
2023-11-17 21:42:47

@Clive_A 

I have only 1 Site in Omada Controller , and i didn't need to create multiple sites , so for only this site , from this point my question is  ( see pictrure please )

Diagram and question

Options
2023-11-18 00:32:34

@MeowMeow

Omada concept is that a 'site' IS a router, so a big NO to two routers in one Omada site.  Now, you could create two virtual sites (one per router) at the same physical site and then link them with VPN tunnels running between ports, apply some policy routing and possibly achieve what you are trying to do despite the first sentence.

<< Paying it forward, one juicy problem at a time... >>
Options
2023-11-20 01:54:38

Hi @MeowMeow 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

You can add it this way but this newly added device will not work in the same site as the existing router.

There is a limit in Omada Controller that one router per site. You can create a new site and add the router. But they will never exist under the same controller site.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Options