Mobile Devices bouncing when connecting to EAP225

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-03-23 21:02:54
Model: EAP225  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 2.7.0 Build 20200113 Rel. 38287(5553)

I'm having an issue with my EAP225 that seems to be affecting just mobile devices.

Whenever a mobile device be it iOS or Android a connection is established and then it's dropped over and over again. The bouncing can last for upwards of 10 minutes before a connection is firmly established.

The laptops connecting to the same AP do not share this connection issue. The mobile devices are all able to connect to the legacy wireless network first time everytime. 

I didn't see anything in the change log for the newest firmware update.

Any thoughts on what to look at?

Options
2 Reply
Re:Mobile Devices bouncing when connecting to EAP225
2021-03-23 22:30:51

@rlongfield 

Im guessing you are running this in standalone mode and not managed by a controller?  

Firstly I would update to v5 of the firmware, yes there is nothing I can see that would address this, however its a good place to start!   

After that look at bandsteering, namely if you have it enabled.. disable it      Its not uncommon for devices to get into a muddle when asked to move frequency, from experience this is more a mobile device issue

Try seperate bands to see if that helps

Any more details you can provide would help also

Options
Re:Mobile Devices bouncing when connecting to EAP225
2021-03-24 02:04:07

@Philbert

Thanks for the reply. You are correct I am not using a controller.

I'm feeling lazy right now to go to a wired computer to apply the firmware so I turned off band steering and separated the 2.4 and 5 networks.

I tired connecting to the 'new' 5 wireless network and the connection bounced. I connected to the 2.4 network and the connection was solid with no bounce.

So I guess something is up with the 5Ghz network.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 385

Replies: 2