Port Forwarding Deco M4 failure

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-08-24 15:18:44 - last edited 2021-08-31 02:54:24
Model: Deco M4  
Hardware Version: V7
Firmware Version: V1.5.0 build 20210511

In the App you have the option to setup port forwarding.

But the device is not in the list, if i go to online devices it shows offline but if i approach the web interface of the device there is nothing wrong.and evrything is working.

Is there no option to setup manually a IP address in the port forwarding menu?

Is this a know bug? Someone a workaround.....

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Port Forwarding Deco M4 failure-Solution
2021-08-30 18:27:27 - last edited 2021-08-31 02:54:24

TP-Link wrote

@Jeroen1975 

Thanks for the update.

Did you get my email?

And is there any chance that you could set the Access control system to get an IP address automatically and check whether it would show up on the device list?

@TP-Link 

Problem is solved when i set the device to dhcp.

The device is getting a IP adress and the app is recognize a new device.

Thx for the support.

Recommended Solution
Options
8 Reply
Re:Port Forwarding Deco M4 failure
2021-08-25 05:58:11

@Jeroen1975 

Hi, what is this device?

Did you set up static IP on this device?

If we try to forget the Deco’s network on the device setting, then search for the Wi-Fi again, would it show up as online?

By the way, have you tried to delete it from the offline list and refresh the Deco APP again?

Thank you and wait for your reply.

Options
2021-08-25 17:08:35
The device is a access control system. It wired connected and the unit have a fixed IP adress. IIt's in the App not possible to delete "offline" units. For you're info the device is in the app ofline but if i browse to the unit (there is a webinterface in the access control unit) i can login. So the access control unit is online.
Options
2021-08-26 07:30:36

@Jeroen1975 

Hi, for the access control system, it is like Circle firewall or something like this.

And there is an option to delete the offline device:

Options
2021-08-26 09:43:06 - last edited 2021-08-26 10:01:21

Ok it' now from the list of offline devices ....but what do you recommend as next step?

It worked before i use the deco M4.... is there a option to add devices to portforwarding also if they are not in the list?

Options
2021-08-27 02:31:23

@Jeroen1975 

Hi, currently, it is not supported to manually add the device to port forwarding.

If you do not mind, I would like to forward your case to the senior engineers for further assistance.

According to the engineer’s request, could you please help me confirm the following details:

1.After moving from the offline list, if unplugging/plugging the cable back to the access control system, will it show up on the device list?

2.Did you set up the static IP address on the access control system?

By the way, May I know the model number of the access control system?

Thank you very much.

Options
2021-08-27 09:35:31

@TP-Link 

If you do not mind, I would like to forward your case to the senior engineers for further assistance. Would be great

According to the engineer’s request, could you please help me confirm the following details:

1.After moving from the offline list, if unplugging/plugging the cable back to the access control system, will it show up on the device list? No 

2.Did you set up the static IP address on the access control system? Yes it have a static IP address

By the way, May I know the model number of the access control system? Brand :CDVI    Model: A22K (https://www.cdvibenelux.com/nl/catalogus/krypto/A22K)

Options
2021-08-30 09:55:12

@Jeroen1975 

Thanks for the update.

Did you get my email?

And is there any chance that you could set the Access control system to get an IP address automatically and check whether it would show up on the device list?

Options
Re:Port Forwarding Deco M4 failure-Solution
2021-08-30 18:27:27 - last edited 2021-08-31 02:54:24

TP-Link wrote

@Jeroen1975 

Thanks for the update.

Did you get my email?

@TP-Link 

Problem is solved when i set the device to dhcp.

The device is getting a IP adress and the app is recognize a new device.

Thx for the support.

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 727

Replies: 8

Related Articles