Omada DHCP service nonfunctional

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-10-17 15:14:50 - last edited 2021-10-25 11:38:25
Model: ER605 (TL-R605)  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.1 build20210723

Yesterday, the DHCP service on my Omada network stopped working.

I have since read this forum thread, which explains that this is caused by a firmware bug.

The problem is:  I can't connect to the router since all my DHCP leases went up.  I tried using Ethernet and setting a fixed IP to my computer and couldn't get to my Omada controller.  Of course, I could also not connect directly to the router interface, since the password has been randomly set by the controller.

Now here is where I am stuck:  I disconnected all network interfaces except my computer (in the LAN port), then held the reset button until it fast-blinked.  After restarting, the router is stuck with the System light slow-blinking, there is still no DHCP.  When I set my computer's IP as 192.168.1.100 and the gateway to 192.168.1.1, I can access the login page at 192.168.1.1, which means the factory reset has failed - these are the setting for my local network and not the defaults.

So, how do I force a complete reset of the router and/or reflash it?  I have used the reset procedure here.

After resetting the router, it still did not respond to DHCP requests:  I used the Windows command line to execute ipconfig /renew and nothing came back.

When I set my computer's IP as 192.168.0.20, I could route through the gateway to my Linux Omada Controller.  I logged in it then instructed it to adopt the router.  It went through the different normal adoption states (configuring, provisioning, etc.) but the gateway's state never became functional.  I disconnected my computer from the router, then reconnected with IP settings back to automatic.   No address gets assigned to the computer, and the router now responds to 192.168.1.1 (as configured by the controller, I presume).

So, how do I restart the DHCP service?

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Omada DHCP service nonfunctional-Solution
2021-10-19 09:07:42 - last edited 2021-10-25 11:38:25

@gilbertf It is possible that you have set a duplicate fixed IP causing problems, you can refer to this post to see if you can solve your problem.

https://community.tp-link.com/en/business/forum/topic/274280

Recommended Solution
Options
4 Reply
Re:Omada DHCP service nonfunctional-Solution
2021-10-19 09:07:42 - last edited 2021-10-25 11:38:25

@gilbertf It is possible that you have set a duplicate fixed IP causing problems, you can refer to this post to see if you can solve your problem.

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Omada DHCP service nonfunctional
2021-10-19 12:20:08

@Yannie I checked, and there was in fact a duplicate fixed IP. 

I removed both fixed IP's in the controller, then plugged back the minimal network:  gateway, controller, computer (in the LAN port).  

There is still no answer to my DHCP requests.   I can contact the Omada controller when I set the fixed IP on my computer, so I went to the "devices" page.  The gateway can't be adopted:  I get an adopt failed status and the message "device does not respond to adopt command".

This does not seem to change after doing a factory reset of the gateway.

Options
2021-10-20 09:42:15

@gilbertf I can't think of any solutionsad, I think you can refer to this post to send an email to tplink, maybe they can help youlaugh

Options
2021-10-25 11:38:07

I had a pretty busy end of week so I did not report my progress.

It seems it takes some time for the router to get back to a fully-operational state after a factory reset:  I came back next morning to try again and the router was serving DHCP.  I then logged in the Omada controller and tried the adoption command, and it worked right away.

So everything is back to normal.  Thanks for the pointer!

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 583

Replies: 4

Related Articles