Interconnect TAPO devices question

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-11-29 15:09:27 - last edited 2021-12-02 07:48:48
Model: Tapo C200  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.15

hello, 

can I ask for some guidance/know-how please...

I have a C200 camera and also 2 P100 plugs.

Can I create an event whereby if the camera senses a movement, that it sends a notification to one of the plugs, which would then for example, switch on a light via the plug?

Perhapos this would be via the TAPO app or a Google HOME hub etc..

Thanks in advance.

John

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Interconnect TAPO devices question-Solution
2021-11-30 00:59:32 - last edited 2021-12-02 07:48:48

Hello @JS1234 

Tapo Camera has a plan for Smart Actions feature,  that may achieve the automation that camera works a trigger, and plug works an action.
Regretfully currently only certain tapo plug & tapo bulb supports smart action feature, tapo camera smart action part is still under development and the ETA is not yet confirmed. 
It is recommended to keep on eye on the firmware release note of tapo camera for this feature on Tapo app.

How to create an automation or a shortcut of my Tapo device (smart bulbsmart plugsmart camera)

Thank you for your patience and understanding. 

Recommended Solution
Options
1 Reply
Re:Interconnect TAPO devices question-Solution
2021-11-30 00:59:32 - last edited 2021-12-02 07:48:48

Hello @JS1234 

Tapo Camera has a plan for Smart Actions feature,  that may achieve the automation that camera works a trigger, and plug works an action.
Regretfully currently only certain tapo plug & tapo bulb supports smart action feature, tapo camera smart action part is still under development and the ETA is not yet confirmed. 
It is recommended to keep on eye on the firmware release note of tapo camera for this feature on Tapo app.

How to create an automation or a shortcut of my Tapo device (smart bulbsmart plugsmart camera)

Thank you for your patience and understanding. 

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 179

Replies: 1

Related Articles