TL-SG3210XHP-M2 - [Port]/6/Reload port Tw1/0/x phy firmware.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

TL-SG3210XHP-M2 - [Port]/6/Reload port Tw1/0/x phy firmware.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
80 Reply
Re:TL-SG3210XHP-M2 - [Port]/6/Reload port Tw1/0/x phy firmware.
2022-05-09 05:16:49

@vGeek79 Just had this happen to me. Have had the switch since January. Had an odd occurrence a few days ago where I would get a constant notification that my OC300 was up then down for a few hours, rebooted everything and it seemed fine. This morning I woke up to one of my APs in isolation mode, I didnt have it set to automatically forward gateway for mesh. I noticed all of my APs had power though. First tried AP reboot, then moving ports, noticed ports 1-4 on switch would all pass power but no link, 5-8 were working as expected. Rebooted switch and lost a couple more ports. Did a full delete and reset though OC300 and now only port 8 will pass traffic. Switch is in a rack with good ventilation so it shouldn't be a heat issue, all fans work however the system light just keeps blinking after reboot. Going to start the replacement process in the morning, hopefully they figure this out. I went this route because of issues with consumer grade products and the amount of devices and data I utilize destroying them, they all lasted longer than this though. 

Options
2022-05-09 06:16:31

@BigD23 

As far as I can tell, the RMA'd device I received is a much more functional revision. However I have not tried power cycling it yet.

Options
2022-05-17 01:06:20

@vGeek79 

Just here to say, I have experienced the exact some problem today too. Restarted the switch and now none of the ports work :( 

Options
2022-05-17 01:35:53

@Utmstgsn Hopefully you get it fixed faster than me. Mine is supposed to be here tomorrow, I paid for next day. It's been over a week now. I went through full reset via console, firmware downgrade, beta firmware provided by support however none of that worked. 

Options
2022-05-17 02:00:11

@BigD23 I called TP-Link to get an RMA ID from them. They didn't waste much time to tell me its defective. I bought it through Amazon so we'll see how smooth that process will be...

Options
2022-05-17 03:06:33
Amazon are sending me a new one. Hopefully that doesn't fail too :\ Does anyone know if the fault was triggered by firmware or not? I found rebooting it randomly resulted in some ports working but never did they all work (and that's without changing the firmware versions). Weird thing is, it was running fine for months without any power cycles - then I decided to cycle it this morning and it died.
Options
2022-05-17 03:22:08

I just wanted to update this thread with some more information. I actually had a total of 6 of these switches. When I first posted to this thread, two had failed and they were both running the latest 1.0.6 software. I kept the next two switches at the stock 1.0.2 firmware version, and those worked fine for a few months. After rebooting the switches, they have both now failed.

I gave the last 2 switches away and have moved onto a different brand. Maybe that's extreme, but this is my first TP-Link business-grade product and clearly they're not giving a good impression. I'm curious if the replacement switches are having the same problems.

Options
2022-05-17 12:00:07

@pgookin 

I've looked around on the web and noticed that a lot of people had experienced a power outage or power surge before the switch failed. Can anyone else confirm that they experienced this? Because this was the case for me.

Saw this on Reddit: HELP! TL-SG3210XHP-M2 Managed Switch stopped responding... Cannot ping it, ports don't work. Did full reset through console - still nothing. Only identifies 2 access points on the front, but no internet traffic is sent their way. Any help is highly appreciated! : homelab (reddit.com)

I have seen other posts where people have gone through 3 of them in a year: Third TL-SG3210XHP-M2 in a year : TPLink_Omada (reddit.com)

I ordered a replacement but now I probably should've got a refund. It would be nice if TP-Link could elaborate on what is happening here, it doesn't look like an isolated issue.

Options
2022-05-17 12:54:40

@Utmstgsn No power outage for me. Mine is on a UPS as well. Ports actually started to have some issues which prompted the reboot for me. After that first reboot things got progressivly worse. seemed like everytime I rebooted I would lose more ports. It finally settled on port 8 as the only port that would pass traffic while all the ports would work with POE just fine. We will see if the replacment is any better, I have my doubts. Seems like the unit is not designed very well. 

Options
2022-05-17 14:55:20

@Utmstgsn 

I've gone through 2 in 6 months. The first one was after a power outage, but it was behind a UPS, so there was no surge. It's not like there's an orderly shutdown anyway. The UPS ordered a clean shutdown of the NAS, and then kept the SG3210HXP (and thus three APs and a controller), router, and ONT running until it ran out of battery, at which point it switched off.

The second one I noticed that one of my APs had disconnected. As that's the longest run in the house, I first suspected the cabling, but it checked out OK with a cable tester. I noticed that PoE to that AP was up, but there was no link light on so I rebooted it. A few more ports died. Rebooted again, no copper ports had link. (Power works fine, and the SFPs work fine)

I started a return on both of them, but had to leave on a trip before I could go through the troubleshooting steps that support wanted before issuing an RMA.

It's annoying, because there isn't another option for supporting 2.5G on the EAP660 and 670. This is a critical component of the Omada system and if there's no fix for this problem or sucessor product, I'm going to need to switch systems again. (I'm a recent refugee from UI)

Options