Connecting to n-devs-smb.tplinkcloud.com AND n-deventry-smb.tplinkcloud.com - UNACCEPTABLE

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Connecting to n-devs-smb.tplinkcloud.com AND n-deventry-smb.tplinkcloud.com - UNACCEPTABLE

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
48 Reply
Re:Connecting to n-devs-smb.tplinkcloud.com AND n-deventry-smb.tplinkcloud.com - UNACCEPTABLE
2023-03-17 17:41:45

For anyone who comes across this thread at a later date,  a packet capture running for several hours from a location prior to the NATing element on my network appears to confirm what @Fae was indicating -- that the reported controller upgrades have resolved the issue as indicated.

With the packet capture, I was able to isolate the queries and traffic to the TP-Link cloud hosts were originating from user end point devices on the network -- users who had the Kasa app on their mobile devices connected via wifi.  I saw no connection attempts to TPLink's cloud servers from the Omada Software Controller itself while my packet capture was running.

It is certainly possible that I simply didn't have the packet capture running at the time when the Software Controller would have phoned home, but based on the amount of traffic I've been seeing, it seems like the true traffic source has been accurately identified.

Options
Re:Connecting to n-devs-smb.tplinkcloud.com AND n-deventry-smb.tplinkcloud.com - UNACCEPTABLE
2023-03-19 03:34:59

@Skavoovie 

I found the two missing options under Controller Settings > User Interface 

Options
2023-03-21 03:11:03

@Skavoovie 

Skavoovie wrote

I see no settings in Maintenance similar to what you describe -- only "Backup & Restore", "Auto Backup", and "Export for Support" sections. This is the Ubuntu DEB file image.

I have clicked through every possible link in the entire interface multiple times on multiple occasions -- any setting that is remotely connected to something outside my local network or is a cloud-related setting has always been disabled.

What other settings can I review or change?

You've already get all settings. Sorry to mention that the screenshot I provided previously is based on Controller 5.7. It seems that you're using Controller 5.8 or later version, so it's found at Settings > Controller Settings. I've edit my previous reply with the controller version.

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
2023-05-16 08:24:50

@Fae I don't find the menu to stop data collection is it normal?

Thanks!

Options
2023-05-17 05:47:00

Hello @PascalM,

If you are using Omada Controller v5.8 or later version, as mentioned in my last reply:

In Global View, go to Settings > Controller Settings to disable Controller / Devices Update Notification at User Interface, and find Allow Data Collection at the very bottom and toggle it off, then Save.

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
2023-05-17 11:03:48

Thanks @Fae ! I had an old firmware version on my OC200, that's why I could not see the toggle off data collection button.

Options
2023-10-29 11:56:05

The only tp-link related devices I have is a Deco Mesh X50 in a home environment and a few camera's that are not plugged in at the moment
There's nobody home, and there's literally nothing noteworthy going on on my network.

I've seen Omada being mentioned here, but I haven't heard of it before.

Look at my top user indecision

Well, that's great laugh

I noticed this today, and I don't know when it started, but i'm seeing one or two DNS requests per SECOND.

The only traffic on my internal network from 192.168.71.249 are SSDP requests, nothing special.
Since I started typing this post, I blocked access to one of the addresses, and in this short time, 655 requests have been blocked.

I don't mind devs having backdoors the analyse and troubleshoot (if it's safe), but this seems like suspisous behavior to me.

Options
2023-10-30 06:31:42

Hi @DerpyNerd 

Please visit the Deco sector and start a new thread about this. This is the business product forum and we are not familiar with the product you have. 

Thanks for your understanding!

Options
Related Articles