EAP610-Outdoor, the first Omada Outdoor Wi-Fi 6 Access Point.

2022-01-26 04:08:25 - last edited 2023-10-12 11:49:42

Hi Everyone,

We’re excited to announce the official launch of EAP610-Outdoor here!

EAP610-Outdoor is the first Omada Outdoor Wi-Fi 6 Access Point. It delivers Wi-Fi speeds of up to 1.8 Gbps through Wi-Fi 6, boasting 52% faster speeds than similar Wi-Fi 5 access points. EAP610-Outdoor is ideal for use around outdoor swimming pools, amusement parks, outdoor café, barns, and sheds. Let's read on to learn more about this new product!

1. Product Overview

• Superior Wi-Fi 6 Speeds:

Delivers Dual-band Wi-Fi speeds of up to 1.8 Gbps (574 Mbps on 2.4 GHz + 1201 Mbps on 5 GHz)*

• Stay Smooth with Fast Roaming:

Users can enjoy seamless streaming across the property with their devices switching effortlessly between access points**

• Omada Mesh Technology:

Enables wireless connectivity between access points to extend the Wi-Fi signal further**

• Centralized Cloud Management:

Integrates into Omada SDN for cloud access and remote management.

• IP67 Weatherproof Enclosure:

Resists dust, shock, vibration, and moisture, withstanding the most extreme environments.

• Easy and Flexible Installation:

Supports standard 802.3at PoE+ and Passive PoE, Pole and wall mounting kits offer flexible installation.

*The Wi-Fi speeds here are the maximum physical rates derived from IEEE Standard 802.11 specifications.

**Fast Roaming and Omada Mesh features require the use of Omada SDN controllers.

2. Hardware Feature

(1) Appearance Overview

Compared with EAP225-Outdoor, the EAP610-Outdoor adopts Built-in Antennas, which greatly improved the waterproof performance. Besides, the EAP610-Outdoor is equipped with a Grounding Terminal to prevent damage by a lightning strike.

(2) Waterproof Kit Overview

For more details about the Waterproof Kit Installation, please refer to the video below:

https://youtu.be/2_QSCUJqNjk

(3) IP67 Weatherproof Enclosure

Compared to EAP225-Outdoor, the EAP610-Outdoor adopts IP67 rated enclosure, which offers much more substantial protection against dust and liquid ingress, withstanding the most extreme environments. In addition, EAP610-Outdoor supports 6 KV Lightning Protection and 15 KV ESD Protection.

3. Performance Parameters

Comparison to Previous Generation

Hardware Comparison

Software Comparison

Check out the Datasheet or Specifications from TP-Link official website for more parameters about the EAP610-Outdoor product.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Frequently Asked Questions

Q1. What are requirements for the power supply of the EAP610-Outdoor?

• EAP610-Outdoor supports Mode A standard 802.3 at PoE power supply, which employs 1/2(+), 3/6(-) for cable pins sequence.
  • EAP610-Outdoor also supports 48 V passive PoE power supply, which should employ 4/5(+), 7/8(-) for cable pins sequence.

Q2. Is the passive PoE adaptor also IP67 Weatherproof?

No. When deploy the EAP610-Outdoor, please make sure that the passive PoE adaptor is at indoor environment.

Q3. Can EAP610-Outdoor work together with 802.11ac EAP in a Mesh topology?

Yes, and the EAP610-Outdoor can be either Root EAP or Mesh EAP. If the uplink EAP is an 802.11ac EAP, the EAP610-Outroor will work in 802.11ac mode.

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
55 Reply
Re:EAP610-Outdoor, the first Omada Outdoor Wi-Fi 6 Access Point.
2022-01-27 00:56:39

Is there a radiation pattern published anywhere?

Options
2022-02-01 16:14:06

@Fae are these actually for sale now?   

I looked on Amazon and a few other places and am still seeing nothing .

Rick

Options
2022-02-08 07:33:16

Dear @rickk1000,

rickk1000 wrote

@Fae are these actually for sale now?   
I looked on Amazon and a few other places and am still seeing nothing .

The EAP610-Outdoor has been shipped, which might take a period of time before its arrival in the stores for sale.

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
2022-02-12 13:21:07

@Fae When can we see it in Japan? We need many...

Options
2022-02-14 16:17:44 - last edited 2022-02-14 16:23:37

@Fae  

I just checked the TP-Link store on Amazon.  No hint of them being available.   Same for Newegg.  A Google search shows none available anywhere. One web site even says it is discontinued by the manufacturer.

I recently received an email from Alex Varelas at TP-Link who says they won't actually be available until June of this year.

Can you possibly point me in the direction of a USA supplier that actually has some in inventory ?

Options
2022-02-15 01:38:48

Dear @rickk1000,

rickk1000 wrote

I just checked the TP-Link store on Amazon.  No hint of them being available.   Same for Newegg.  A Google search shows none available anywhere. One web site even says it is discontinued by the manufacturer.

I recently received an email from Alex Varelas at TP-Link who says they won't actually be available until June of this year.

Can you possibly point me in the direction of a USA supplier that actually has some in inventory ?

This thread is mainly aimed to introduce the features of the new product. I'm afraid that I don't have much detailed sales information for you.

Different region may have different sales strategy, you may contact the local agent for the actual arrival and sales status of EAP610-Outdoor.

Options
2022-03-09 11:55:18

@rickk1000 a month has passed and I am still seeing none of these for sale anywhere in the world.

Has anyone found a source with these in stock yet ?

I am reaching a deadline for starting a deployment in a 30 acre facility .  I hate to change course and switch to UI at this point but these things were first press released 15 months ago and still they don't seem to exist . 

Options
2022-03-09 16:09:30

@Rickk10000 According to this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ci_VOQ_TFXs&t=3035s which is Dutch, so I assume this might be European schedule, it says Q2, so sometime after April.

Options
2022-03-19 06:30:46

What is the AP radiation pattern of the antenna?

Options
2022-03-22 19:49:11

@bst00  Being WFi 6... in theory the pattern would be dynamic ... at least in the horizontal plane

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 10511

Replies: 57

Related Articles