Unable to check for update (bug report)

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-05-07 13:33:05 - last edited 2024-02-20 07:16:22
Model: Deco M9 Plus  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.5.6 Build 20211018 Rel. 35617

Hi, TP-Link Support.

I've noticed that Deco app can no longer check for Deco firmware updates. Since last few days, perhaps even a week or more, every time I try "Update Deco" in Deco app, after few seconds of delay I am getting an error message:

Tried again right now, same result. Before, I used to be able to successfully update my Deco M9Plus and Deco M5 through the Deco app, and more than once. I even saved screenshot from one of the previous successful checks for Deco firmware updates:

I run Deco app on Android 9 smartphone.

Troubleshooting steps I've done:

1. Rebooted smartphone;

2. Updated Deco app to the latest version available;

3. Tried Update Deco on WiFi and also on cellular network. I have different cellular network provider from Internet provider. Same result: error message.

Checking for updates from Main Deco Web interface returns success:

Current Deco app version on my smartphone:

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Unable to check for update (bug report)-Solution
2022-05-08 09:11:11 - last edited 2024-02-20 07:16:17

Update:

Please refer to the following suggestions.

Unable to Update Deco

Best regards.

Recommended Solution
Options
4 Reply
Re:Unable to check for update (bug report)-Solution
2022-05-08 09:11:11 - last edited 2024-02-20 07:16:17

Update:

Please refer to the following suggestions.

Unable to Update Deco

Best regards.

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Unable to check for update (bug report)
2022-05-08 11:47:13

@David-TP 

Done that in Deco app, with screenshot attached. 

As it has been 24 hours since my original post and nobody else joined complaining about the same issue, it is not widespread. Perhaps, regional, or even might be just something with app on my smartphone only.

Options
2022-05-09 02:51:08

@Alexandre. Thanks for the update and I got your APP feedback by the way.

I tested on the android APP 2.12.5 and the online firmware detection still works fine.

Could you please try to delete the current APP and install it again to see whether it made any difference?

Best regards.

Options
2022-05-10 14:01:16

@Alexandre. 

Status update: problem solved.

I have not reinstalled Deco app.

I have received email from TP-Link support and they noticed one of Deco nodes in my mesh, nicknamed "Office," appears offline according to Deco app logs. They suggested to power it off and on. After I did that, "Update Deco" functionality was restored.

I would like to point that, during the ongoing issue with “Update Deco” failures, Deco app reported “Office” Deco node as online. More than that, I had multiple wireless clients connected to it and also all-in-one network printer connected by Ethernet cable. People in my household and myself use that printer very often, I can guarantee “Office” Deco was capable of passing network traffic and otherwise looked healthy.

Which means, by just checking state of Deco mesh in Deco app, it would not have been possible to figure if anything is wrong. 

Next time issue like this happens, and Deco app reports all Deco mesh nodes as online and healthy, the recommendation would be to either send logs through Deco app for TP-Link support to check if anything is wrong, or to just power off all Deco nodes and power them back on.

Options

Information

Helpful: 2

Views: 2278

Replies: 4

Related Articles