[dhcps]Lease host name not found.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-06-05 20:14:34 - last edited 2023-02-16 07:22:02
Model: Archer C80  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: latest

Hello I have an archer c80 router connected to my modem via bridge mode. I keep getting (alot) of these errors in my system log ^[dhcps]Lease host name not found.^

Now at first I didnt care about it but I noticed that sometimes when i boot up my PC it takes a minute for my dhcp to get my PC an ip and also that during random times my network speeds are really bad. So im paying for 1200/100 and with my modem i get around 900-1000/100 and with the tp link i get MAX (rarely) 800/100 but usually around 500/100. I noticed aswell that when i go on the tplink UI and ''release/renew'' my speeds are better for a little while and then after an hour or two it goes back to 500/100 and sometimes even as bad as 300/100. 

It seems to be mostly download speed that is affected and I have tried different cables, tried with my modem only in non bridge mode and it was all fine, tried resetting and restarting the tp link and still same issue. Please help, thank you.

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:[dhcps]Lease host name not found.-Solution
2023-02-16 07:21:48 - last edited 2023-02-16 07:21:54

Hello,

For anyone else who is also concerned about the DHCPs Lease hostname not found errors, please visit the following thread to check why you get these errors:

Why there are DHCPS Lease hostname not found errors in the router log?

But if anyone does experience an internet issue when connecting to the TP-Link routers, please follow the basic troubleshooting suggestions we provided in this thread instead and report back with more details, then we can investigate it further:

What can I do if the routers disconnect from the internet?

Let me know if there is anything we can help with further.

Recommended Solution
Options
3 Reply
Re:[dhcps]Lease host name not found.
2022-06-06 03:50:30

Hello @em1n 

Can I know who is your ISP?

When you are talking about the speed you got from Archer C80, Is it referring to the wired speed or wireless? How many devices are connected to the C80 at that time when you are testing the speed? Please go through the troubleshooting suggestions in the FAQ to locate the issue and try the suggestions accordingly:

What should I do if my internet connection is slow?

Options
Re:[dhcps]Lease host name not found.
2022-06-07 14:28:52

@Kevin_Z 

Hello Kevin!

My isp is TELE2/ComHem and I am talking about wired speed yes. I've tried with both cat5e and cat6 cables. I have 2-3 wifi devices and 1 wired device connected, sometimes 2 wired devices connected.

I will go through the FAQ trouble shooting and get back to you!

Options
Re:[dhcps]Lease host name not found.-Solution
2023-02-16 07:21:48 - last edited 2023-02-16 07:21:54

Hello,

For anyone else who is also concerned about the DHCPs Lease hostname not found errors, please visit the following thread to check why you get these errors:

Why there are DHCPS Lease hostname not found errors in the router log?

But if anyone does experience an internet issue when connecting to the TP-Link routers, please follow the basic troubleshooting suggestions we provided in this thread instead and report back with more details, then we can investigate it further:

What can I do if the routers disconnect from the internet?

Let me know if there is anything we can help with further.

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1833

Replies: 3

Related Articles