C400HP not fetching a IP for itself

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-08-10 06:48:27 - last edited 2022-08-10 09:30:03
Model: VIGI C400HP  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version:

Hi,

In my setup, I want to put C400HP in a isolated VLAN which does not have internet access. Then, I want to import the feed into my software NVR using ONVIF and it will be nice to be able to see the feed using the Vigi App.

Right now the issue I am facing is,

1. When camera is powered on, It does not fetch a IP for itself from the DHCP server. I see no DHCP traffic originating from the camera.

2. If the camera is in the same VLAN as my phone, I can scan the QR code and add it. Then, A address is assigned to it but I still don't see any DHCP traffic for this address in my router and I don't see a DHCP lease for this address in my router.

3. What I did in #2 obviously does not work if I my phone is in a different VLAN than the cameras.

It is running the latest firmware and I didn't see any new updates for the firmware.

My questions is, Can the VIGI C400HP camera fetch an IP address for itself?

Options
3 Reply
Re:C400HP not fetching a IP for itself
2022-08-11 05:20:37

@ishanjain28 

Check this: How to modify the IP address of the VIGI camera

Under normal circumstances, however, if there is a DHCP Server on the same network as the camera, it is possible to obtain an IP address.

Just striving to develop myself while helping others.
Options
2022-08-11 05:24:47
The link is broken. I just get a 404 response. I had to install Vigi security manager and there I was able to change it's settings so it can fetch an IP address. I still have multiple issues with it. 1. iOS apps require "Allow local network permission" but there is no such permission in Settings -> TP Link Vigi. This basically means the camera can not be accessed from ios devices. 2. When the camera is in the same VLAN as my phone or the PC, It can fetch an IP address for itself and I can access it using that IP address however, When I put it in a separate vlan with no internet access, It's still able to fetch an IP but I have not been able to connect to that camera using the android app OR the vigi security manager. I can still open the camera's web interface by visiting https:// which means camera should be accessible but it's just not. I hope tp link support will resolve these issues soon.
Options
2022-08-11 05:28:52

Paging @Hank21 

Please consider looking into this. 2 main issues.

1. iOS app does not have the permission to allow local network access to the app. Without this permission, The app can not find the camera.

2. Vigi security manager and the android app are not able to connect to the camera when camera is in another vlan(this vlan does not have internet access). I can open the camer's interface just fine so this should work but it just doesn't. Both applications try for sometime to connect to camera and then just fail.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 351

Replies: 3