Devices showing as "Connected" in the controller client list, but have been disconnected for hours

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Devices showing as "Connected" in the controller client list, but have been disconnected for hours

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-08-11 20:48:13 - last edited 2022-09-19 09:23:48
Tags: #controller
Model: OC200  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.18.3 Build 20220715 Rel.56221

OC200, controller software version 5.4.7

Also using EAP225v3 access points, with an ER605 router

I have several WiFi clients that have been disconnected for hours, but the OC200 still reports them as "CONNECTED", and connected to the "Router" (instead of the SSID or network). 

For this screenshot, I'm just showing one disconnected device, along with a similar device nearby that is still connected.

This particular device is a smart plug, but there's 2 other Android phones that show similar behavior. They've all been disconnected for ~ 4 hours at the time of this writing.  I have not rebooted anything.

This seems to be new behavior since upgrading to the latest controller software, because I didn't notice it as an issue before.

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Devices showing as "Connected" in the controller client list, but have been disconnected for hours-Solution
2022-09-19 09:23:41 - last edited 2022-09-19 09:23:48

Dear @supermarkert and other community members, 

Thank you for coming to TP-Link Community for help!

Regarding the issue described below, TP-Link will release the official firmware soon to resolve it. Once there is a new official firmware released, I'll update this actively-updated post. Welcome to subscribe!

Before the new official firmware released, you may follow this solution post for the latest Beta firmware to fix it quickly. Thank you for your great cooperation and patience. See you in the Community soon!

supermarkert wrote

I have several WiFi clients that have been disconnected for hours, but the OC200 still reports them as "CONNECTED", and connected to the "Router" (instead of the SSID or network).

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Recommended Solution
Options
9 Reply
Re:Devices showing as "Connected" in the controller client list, but have been disconnected for hours
2022-08-11 21:19:50

@supermarkert 

Hey

I had this also on the first Bootup after the upgrade, it claimed my wifes phone was connected.. but she was in work 15 miles away.   A reboot of the controller sorted it and so far not seen it return

My thinking is it was just a qwerk on the first boot after upgrade..   hopefully same for you

Options
Re:Devices showing as "Connected" in the controller client list, but have been disconnected for hours
2022-08-11 21:25:47 - last edited 2022-08-11 21:26:01

@Philbert 
It's been rebooted several times since the upgrade (power outages, other reasons, etc.).  I'm not rebooting it yet to see if it clears this particular issue, as I want to make sure this issue is reported. That shouldn't be required to clear this.

Options
2022-08-11 21:41:49

@supermarkert 

Yeah if you are seeing it happening after a complete reboot of all devices its likely something to flag up..    I was perhaps lucky that it disappeared as quick as arriving.

@Fae   -  Hey Fae.. Have you seen any other reports of this?   I had the issue with a few devices (Car WiFi / Android Phone) reporting that the devices where still connected long after leaving the airspace.   Reboot of controller fixed for me and thankfully not returned, however @supermarkert  has this retaining the issue after full network reboot.   Thanks in advance!

Options
2022-08-12 02:37:53

Dear @Philbert, @supermarkert,

Thank you for your valuable feedback!

I heard that the gateway 1.2.1 firmware has optimized such issue.

Could you please tell me the detailed firmware version of your ER605 for further confirmation?

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
2022-08-12 10:45:45 - last edited 2022-08-12 12:53:05

@Fae 

ER605 firmware is latest:

version 1.2.1 Build 20220512 Rel. 76748

Edit: I should also note that, apparently, it's not just WiFi devices. Both of these are disconnected: One of these is Wifi, and the other is Wired (into a TL-SG2218 switch).

Options
2022-08-12 23:24:06

@Fae 

Hey Fae

Can confirm that ER605 v1   is on   firmware 1.2.1  

Hope that helps!

Options
2022-08-15 01:34:44

Dear @supermarkert, @Philbert,

Thank you for confirming the information.

supermarkert wrote

ER605 firmware is latest:

version 1.2.1 Build 20220512 Rel. 76748
Edit: I should also note that, apparently, it's not just WiFi devices. Both of these are disconnected: One of these is Wifi, and the other is Wired (into a TL-SG2218 switch).

@supermarkert 

To better assist you, I've created a support ticket via your registered email address, and escalated it to our support engineer to look into the issue. The ticket ID is TKID220817850, please check your email box and ensure the support email is well received. Thanks!

Options
2022-08-15 11:26:27

@Fae 

Thanks. I'll work with support.

Options
Re:Devices showing as "Connected" in the controller client list, but have been disconnected for hours-Solution
2022-09-19 09:23:41 - last edited 2022-09-19 09:23:48

Dear @supermarkert and other community members, 

Thank you for coming to TP-Link Community for help!

Regarding the issue described below, TP-Link will release the official firmware soon to resolve it. Once there is a new official firmware released, I'll update this actively-updated post. Welcome to subscribe!

Before the new official firmware released, you may follow this solution post for the latest Beta firmware to fix it quickly. Thank you for your great cooperation and patience. See you in the Community soon!

supermarkert wrote

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1387

Replies: 9

Tags

controller
Related Articles