ER605 OpenVPN Server is impossible for clients to go on the Internet

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-09-08 19:47:30 - last edited 2022-09-09 01:51:21
Tags: #VPN #Highlighted Thread #OpenVPN Server
Model: ER605 (TL-R605)  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 2.0.1 Build 20220223 Rel.68551

I bought your router to be able to configure an OpenVPN, just as I had it configured in a computer on 24 hours and so the workers connect to the network and access the internet as if they were here, using the ip of here, but after a long time trying, I do not know what can I do, for me is impossible to make that the workers can access internet from here. They can connect to the VPN and see any device connected to the ER605 but they are not able to surf the internet from the VPN, their computer uses the IP of their local provider for all services.

With OpenVPN server, I know that you can add for example the rule push "redirect-gateway def1" in both the server and client configuration, and so go out to the internet from the VPN server, but I can't find any place where I can configure the server on your router, only the 4 basic parameters and if I add that configuration on the client, the client is left without internet.

Is it possible to configure an OpenVPN SERVER with your router ER605 model to let the clients of OpenVPN navegate on internet with the IP where the ER605 is running? If it is possible, how can I do it?

Thanks in advance,

Best regards,

Jorge

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:ER605 OpenVPN Server is impossible for clients to go on the Internet-Solution
2022-09-09 01:51:02 - last edited 2022-09-09 01:51:08

Dear @TheChacal23@evan022,

TheChacal23 wrote

Is it possible to configure an OpenVPN SERVER with your router ER605 model to let the clients of OpenVPN navegate on internet with the IP where the ER605 is running?

Sorry that the current ER605 firmware doesn't support Full Tunnel mode for OpenVPN (to work as a proxy gateway making the OpenVPN clients access the Internet).

It's confirmed that Full Tunnel Support for OpenVPN will be added in the firmware adapted to Controller v5.8, which can be expected to release at the end of December. So stay tuned!

Note: the release time mentioned here is for your reference only, it's subject to the actual firmware condition.

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Recommended Solution
Options
8 Reply
Re:ER605 OpenVPN Server is impossible for clients to go on the Internet-Solution
2022-09-09 01:51:02 - last edited 2022-09-09 01:51:08

Dear @TheChacal23@evan022,

TheChacal23 wrote

Is it possible to configure an OpenVPN SERVER with your router ER605 model to let the clients of OpenVPN navegate on internet with the IP where the ER605 is running?

Sorry that the current ER605 firmware doesn't support Full Tunnel mode for OpenVPN (to work as a proxy gateway making the OpenVPN clients access the Internet).

It's confirmed that Full Tunnel Support for OpenVPN will be added in the firmware adapted to Controller v5.8, which can be expected to release at the end of December. So stay tuned!

Note: the release time mentioned here is for your reference only, it's subject to the actual firmware condition.

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Recommended Solution
Options
Re:ER605 OpenVPN Server is impossible for clients to go on the Internet
2022-09-17 08:49:39
And is there any full tunnel support with one of the VPN technologies that my version has?
Options
2022-09-19 09:21:07

@evan022 

usually, that is firmware support to the device. not a single controller support. 

therefore, it should be avail in both modes.

ScReW yOu gUyS. I aM GOinG hoMe. —————————————————————— For heaven's sake, can you write and describe your issue based on plain fact, common logic and a methodologic approach? Appreciate it.
Options
2022-09-19 09:21:46

@TheChacal23 

l2tp and pptp can do a full tunnel mode if we are on the same page. i am taking about the proxy mode, sending all traffic via the vpn. 

ScReW yOu gUyS. I aM GOinG hoMe. —————————————————————— For heaven's sake, can you write and describe your issue based on plain fact, common logic and a methodologic approach? Appreciate it.
Options
2023-01-01 23:51:51

@Fae which routers have client access and full vpn tunnel support?  When I replace the er605 I don't want to have the same problem.

Thanks

Options
2023-03-12 08:53:47

@Fae 
Hi, I've upgraded the latest firmware of ER605, and I found there is a Full mode in OpenVPN, but I still couldn't connect to internet after the open vpn connected successfully.
Could you please let me know if it's possible for ER605 OpenVPN to connect internet?

Options
2023-03-13 01:42:44

Hello @HermanHan 

To better assist you, could you please describe your network topology and VPN setup for checking?

What's the current firmware version of your ER605 v2 please?

Options
2023-03-18 04:43:06

@Fae Hi, thanks for your reply, 

1. the topology is very simple, I just want to use this ER605 to be the VPN router, nothing more, and I give it a static IP address, not DDNS.

2. the VPN setup is AccountPW Enable, Status Enable, Full mode Enable, UDP, service port 1194, WAN, IP pool 10.8.8.0:22, Primary DNS 192.168.50.1, Auth type Local.

3. I can connect to this OpenVPN by mobile and PC client, but failed to connect to internet.

4. Firmware version is 2.1.1 Build 20230115 Rel.77774, Hardware ER605 v2.0.

thank you very much.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 3990

Replies: 11

Tags

Related Articles