Dual WAN config for multiple VLANS

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-09-28 15:12:52
Model: ER605 (TL-R605)  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I'm looking to configure multiple VLANs for a multi-tenant office block and eventually provide web-access & load balancing through two VDSL ISP routers.

What would I need to do to achieve this?

I've currently got a single VDSL broadband package with ISP provided router, 4 EAP225 APs, a TL-SG2428P switch and Omada OC200 controller.  I'm looking to purchase an ER605 router - is this the correct model to go for?  I'd then like to add a second VDSL link to provide increased bandwidth and some failover.

I'm hoping to have 3 separate VLANs for different tenants of the office and a 4th VLAN to provide a Guest access WiFi.

Anybody done similar and how do I go about configuring it?  Do i just put the two ISP routers into 'bridged mode'?  Can I run separate DHCP service on each VLAN?

Presumably I can extend the VLAN's to each SSID via the Omada GUI?

Any help would be very welcome.

Options
2 Reply
Re:Dual WAN config for multiple VLANS
2022-09-29 05:41:03 - last edited 2022-09-29 05:42:26

@Buc 

Buc wrote

I'm hoping to have 3 separate VLANs for different tenants of the office and a 4th VLAN to provide a Guest access WiFi.

Anybody done similar and how do I go about configuring it?  Do i just put the two ISP routers into 'bridged mode'?  Can I run separate DHCP service on each VLAN?

Presumably I can extend the VLAN's to each SSID via the Omada GUI?

Any help would be very welcome.

Yes, the two ISP routers are better to be configured as bridge mode, so you can prevent double NAT issue;

Each VLAN can have their own subnet/DHCP range;

All these things can be done on Omada controller.

How to configure Multi-Networks & Multi-SSIDs on Omada SDN Controller

Source:

SDN Controller frequent used FAQ

Options
Re:Dual WAN config for multiple VLANS
2022-09-29 09:14:37

Thanks for the helpful response and link @Somnus 

That's good to know that I'm kind of on the right path and the VLAN and DHCP configuration looks pretty simple through Omada GUI.  In terms of the two WAN links, do I need to configure anything on the TP-Link router to allow connectivity to the web and load-balancing when 2nd link is installed?  What about the ISP routers, do they need any further changes or will 'Bridged mode' be all that's required?

Anyone able to confirm that the ER605 router will do everything I require?

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 846

Replies: 2

Related Articles