Port profile for one of the EAP615 LAN ports

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-11-16 10:19:49
Model: EAP615-Wall  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version:

Hi all!

I would like to know if there's a way to assign a port profile for one of the LAN ports in an EAP615 device, or a 235 or 225 for that matter...

Basically what I'm looking for is a way to have a trunk port moved over the trunk uplink for the EAP on one of the LAN ports just like the WiFi does it.

I know that I can assign different VLANs on different ports, but I would like to know if there's a way to add more VLANs passing through as tagged, just like FortiNet does it on its switch ports. "Allowed VLANs", by comma separating them in the edit boxes for the VLAN setup.

Thanks, any ideas are welcomed.

Options
3 Reply
Re:Port profile for one of the EAP615 LAN ports
2022-11-17 08:36:39

@laurentiu907 

Current EAP profiles can only apply ALL, or select a certain profile, and you can not implement a function similar to tagging PVIDs, unless some EAP-Wall series products have multiple LAN ports that can be tagged with PVIDs.

Just striving to develop myself while helping others.
Options
2022-11-17 16:14:08

@laurentiu907 Unfortunately the controller's design and (maybe) the device's software is not very good for this APs.

APs with > 1 wired access ports should IMHO have their wired ports shown as a virtual "switch" in the controller with all the supported switch options enabled like any other switching device. not having an "special" section for the wired ports or whatever, it is actually pretty confusing and non-intuitive.

Options
2022-11-18 07:52:24

@crrodriguez - that's exactly what I was thinking. Currently that option runs just like it does in Unifi, and I thought that maybe they did polish it a bit in Omada, and I'm missing some hidden feature, like the virtual switch ports.

Thank you so much. I'll handle it like this for the time being.

Options