EAP615: Multiple VLANs on a downstream port?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-10-06 18:40:56 - last edited 2023-10-09 16:09:17
Model: EAP615-Wall  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.6

I can set a VLAN ID to my EAP615 downstream ports through my controller.

However, it's a free form field, and the label next to it makes it seem like I can only enter ONE value. Is this correct or I can have multiple VLAN IDs listed there? (if so, what is the syntax? commas delimited?)

For example, I'd like to daisy chain another EAP615 to Port 3 of my original EAP615. Now I understand that I can't daisy chain "forever" and I can only have a depth of one, as the UI tells me "Do not enable PoE Out when the AP itself is powered by another AP". My first AP is powered by my switch, so in theory I should be able to connect another EAP615 to Port 3, correct?

Then of course I won't turn on PoE on Port 3 of that leaf EAP because we are running out of juice at that point.

And to the original point, that leaf EAP is going to have a few SSIDs with different VLAN IDs and some untagged traffic. How do I configure the original EAP's Port 3 to accept both untagged and certain VLAN IDs from the leaf AP? Specifically, what do I put in the VLAN field that appears when I click the "Enable" button next to ETH3 VLAN?

Thanks in advance!

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:EAP615: Multiple VLANs on a downstream port?-Solution
2023-10-09 16:09:13 - last edited 2023-10-09 16:09:17

I experimented with this and was able to make it work: Switch ==> EAP615 =(port 3)=> EAP615

The settings on the first EAP is to enable PoE on port 3, but do not tick the VLAN checkbox. That way it passes both tagged and untagged traffic (but no filtering out of any unwanted tags).

Recommended Solution
Options
1 Reply
Re:EAP615: Multiple VLANs on a downstream port?-Solution
2023-10-09 16:09:13 - last edited 2023-10-09 16:09:17

I experimented with this and was able to make it work: Switch ==> EAP615 =(port 3)=> EAP615

The settings on the first EAP is to enable PoE on port 3, but do not tick the VLAN checkbox. That way it passes both tagged and untagged traffic (but no filtering out of any unwanted tags).

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 164

Replies: 1

Related Articles