Unable to add Vigi Camera

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-12-03 12:24:27
Model: VIGI NVR1008H  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I have a few cameras, and all are working perfectly with the NVR1008H except for one.  This problematic camera works without issues on the vigi mobile app.  It also works perfectly on the VIGI security manager for Windows.  No problems were experienced at all.

But as soon as I try to add it on the NVR, it does not take the password.  I even tried to reset the camera's password via the NVR and it still won't take the new password.  The new password is recognized by the windows security manager and the mobile app.

I tried to configure the NVR via the Windows Security Manager.  The same situation happened.  All cameras were recognized and got added, except for that one problematic camera.

I tried also resetting its password via the mobile app, still the NVR can't connect to it, but Windows security manager and mobile app can.

I tried resetting its password via the windows security manager.  The same situation, the mobile app can connect.  Windows security manager can connect.  NVR cannot.

Is there anything I can do to troubleshoot this issue further?

All the cameras are VIGI C340.

Looking forward to your suggestions.

Thank you.

Options
2 Reply
Re:Unable to add Vigi Camera
2022-12-05 15:50:49 - last edited 2022-12-05 15:54:28

@PHBL 

do all camera's use the same password ? or different for each camera ? ... does the password on the camera that won't connect to the NVR have any special characters ? try using a password with no special characters, maybe just numbers and letters.

Options
Re:Unable to add Vigi Camera
2022-12-05 21:24:16

Hello,  @CHIBOMAN.

All of them have the same password, which does not include special characters.

So far, the only solution that worked was to disable video encryption.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 409

Replies: 2

Related Articles