Vlan talking to each other

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-01-19 00:31:43 - last edited 2023-01-21 07:06:52
Model: ER605 (TL-R605)  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 2.0.0 Build 20220106 Rel.56391

hello all, 

im having issue with have 2 vlan talk to each other. i have set up multiple vlans 11,12,14 (each one are for different wifi network) on my ER605 Router. i am using Aruba InstantOn for my access point. 

vlan 11 - guest wifi

vlan 12 - home wifi/wired

vlan 14 - RnD wifi/wired

i would like to have vlan 12 and 14 be able to talk to each other but not sure on how to do that on the ER605. any help would be great. 

thank you

Options
6 Reply
Re:Vlan talking to each other
2023-01-19 01:20:35 - last edited 2023-01-21 07:06:27

@Stitch177 

The Local team here doesn't have the knowledge to help you with an SMB router and its features but if you post your thread here on our SMB community you will get the help you need. I would transfer the post myself but I don't have the ability to do that right now.

Splash into a Smarter Summer - Summer Event and Community Giveaway

Automate and Learn More About Tapo Sub-GHz Sensors, Matter, Apple Home, and Local Smart Actions!

20% Select Sub-G Hubs Available to All Participants! Get Started Here!
Options
2023-02-09 07:45:43

Dear @Stitch177,

Stitch177 wrote

i would like to have vlan 12 and 14 be able to talk to each other but not sure on how to do that on the ER605. any help would be great. 

All VLAN networks will be able to take to each other by default settings.

Only when you want to isolate the VLAN networks, will additional configuration (ACL) be needed.

Check the following guide for more details.

How to create multi networks and manage network behavior with ACL on Omada Gateway in standalone mode

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
2023-02-09 15:36:38
Would be nice to make this functionality possible in Controller mode :)
<< Paying it forward, one juicy problem at a time... >>
Options
2023-02-10 05:49:24

Dear @d0ugmac1,

d0ugmac1 wrote

Would be nice to make this functionality possible in Controller mode :)

It is also possible in Controller mode.

How to Configure Multi-Networks & Multi-SSIDs on Omada SDN Controller

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
2023-02-10 14:07:24

@Fae 

I believe you are for once incorrect :)  One must ALSO purchase an Omada switch device in order to achieve this functionality with a Controller.  The above article shows that the router is capable on it's own of isolating traffic without having managed switch attached.  I filed a previous Suggestion to have the router ports recognized as a 'virtual switch' by the Controller so that ACL's can be managed and applied.  To my knowledge there is no LAN-LAN option in the Controller.

<< Paying it forward, one juicy problem at a time... >>
Options
2023-02-13 06:51:35

Dear @d0ugmac1,

Thank you for pointing it out, yes you're right, the possible solution I mentioned would need to have an Omada managed switch. Router does the DHCP thing while Switch does the VLAN and ACL, so as to reduce the workload of the Router and make full use of the devices in Omada SDN network to ensure the device performance.

The LAN-LAN ACL feature on the Router has been forwarded to developer team for evaluation. I would expect it would be supported in the future firmware release. Please keep an eye on the subsequent firmware updates for confirmation. Thanks!

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 370

Replies: 6

Related Articles