TL-SX3008F First Time Omada Setup

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-01-19 21:46:32 - last edited 2023-01-22 01:04:19
Model: TL-SX3008F  
Hardware Version: V7
Firmware Version: NA

Hi all,

so I just received the TL-SX3008F smart switch which has 8 SPF+ 10gbe ports. It seems from research that this switch will not be detected by Omada unless one of the ports is set to 1gbe. At present I don't have a 10gbe SPF+ transceiver to directly plug into the unit (I only have fiber transceivers), can anyone provide a guide on how to do this through the CLI? I have only used the CLI once to reset another switch I have, so I have no idea how to do this.

Also, when this unit is up and running, will it autodetect the speed for it's other ports or does each port have to be set manually if it is using anything other than a 10gbe transceiver?

All advice, much appreciated.

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:TL-SX3008F First Time Omada Setup-Solution
2023-01-20 20:15:03 - last edited 2023-01-22 01:04:19

@PatrickMcC  So I finally got this working. Below is what I did:
After login as admin, 
type "enable" without the quotes, hit enter, 
type "configure" without quotes, hit enter,
type "interface ten-gigabitEthernet 1/0/1" without quotes, hit enter
type "speed 1000" without quotes, hit enter
type "end" without quotes, hit enter
type "copy running-config startup-config", hit enter.

(the above commands may actually run as a single command if you edit it in notepad and paste into putty and hit enter, I am not 100% sure on that :) )

The last issue I had was that once Omada adopted the switch if kept detecting the 10gbe transceivers I was using and switching back to 10gbe before I could edit it. The workaround was to use a 1gbe cable I had from another switch and once Omada adopted the switch I was able to go in and override the profile for the port and set it to 10gbe.
Overall, everything seems to be working fine now, only downside I see at present is that the switch does not support 2.5gbe, which is what my router nic has. Luckily at present my ISP is only doing 1g and so no impact for the moment.
Thanks for the help 
Patrick

Recommended Solution
Options
5 Reply
Re:TL-SX3008F First Time Omada Setup
2023-01-20 02:58:17

Hi  @PatrickMcC 

I think you can connect to it using the console port, and set the speed of each port that you wanted.

link for reference https://www.tp-link.com/ph/support/faq/291/

link for reference https://www.tp-link.com/us/configuration-guides/managing_physical_interface/?configurationId=18206#using_the_cli_3_2

and for the second question, no it does not (as for me). by default it is 10GB, once you added it to controller you can override it using the controller gui.

Options
2023-01-20 03:07:35

@PatrickMcC I was able to login using the CLI but I don't know the command to do it. I tried following the guide to change it, but I get Bad Command error.
This is what I entered:
Switch (config)# interface gigabitEthernet 1/0/1

Options
2023-01-20 03:21:50

@PatrickMcC 

Sorry i cannot give you the specific syntax, but you can try

Switch#configure

Switch(config)#interface gigabitEthernet 1/0/1 <--replace it with your port

Switch(config-if)#speed 1000

Switch(config-if)#end

Switch#copy running-config startup-config

***NOT TESTED*** im not near any switch to test it

Also there a similar thread here https://community.tp-link.com/en/smart-home/forum/topic/500172 with the use of firmware.

Options
2023-01-20 03:24:07

@PatrickMcC 

Thank you so much, I will try this tomorrow when I am back with the switch.

Patrick

Options
Re:TL-SX3008F First Time Omada Setup-Solution
2023-01-20 20:15:03 - last edited 2023-01-22 01:04:19

@PatrickMcC  So I finally got this working. Below is what I did:
After login as admin, 
type "enable" without the quotes, hit enter, 
type "configure" without quotes, hit enter,
type "interface ten-gigabitEthernet 1/0/1" without quotes, hit enter
type "speed 1000" without quotes, hit enter
type "end" without quotes, hit enter
type "copy running-config startup-config", hit enter.

(the above commands may actually run as a single command if you edit it in notepad and paste into putty and hit enter, I am not 100% sure on that :) )

The last issue I had was that once Omada adopted the switch if kept detecting the 10gbe transceivers I was using and switching back to 10gbe before I could edit it. The workaround was to use a 1gbe cable I had from another switch and once Omada adopted the switch I was able to go in and override the profile for the port and set it to 10gbe.
Overall, everything seems to be working fine now, only downside I see at present is that the switch does not support 2.5gbe, which is what my router nic has. Luckily at present my ISP is only doing 1g and so no impact for the moment.
Thanks for the help 
Patrick

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1267

Replies: 5

Related Articles