Loop detection again and again on different switches and ports

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Loop detection again and again on different switches and ports

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
16 Reply
Re:Loop detection again and again on different switches and ports
2023-02-03 12:18:25

Have now tested,
without Sonos it looks very very good.

I wrote to SONOS support yesterday.

They mean, the switches should set to STP, not RSTP.

By default, the switches are set to RSTP, which is probably due to the newer protocol.
But can I change the switches to STP without any problems???

Options
2023-08-01 02:31:50

I'm having the same problem.  Recreational complex.  I have one EAP225 outdoor that is mesh tethered, but all other EAP's (225 Outdoor and 245) are wired.  Gateway feeds PoE switch.  EAP's are split between gateway LAN ports and switch ports.  The issue occurs through the MESH, and then the switch blocks the offending port connected to the GW.  Just had it happen again instantly when I redirected a MESHed EAP to a new link EAP.  As soon as the link established, the switch blocked the trunk port and all connected EAPs dropped!  Not very good for the clients.   .  

Options
2023-08-01 07:44:07

@RF_Dude best practice would be connecting all of your eaps to the switch. then you should be free from the loop. how you connect indeed make the switch think it's looped. 

ScReW yOu gUyS. I aM GOinG hoMe. —————————————————————— For heaven's sake, can you write and describe your issue based on plain fact, common logic and a methodologic approach? Appreciate it.
Options
2023-08-02 14:00:17

@Tedd404 7 of 9 are wired.  2 were not....  Now all but one is wired. The unit that is not wired is an outlier, so no path back to create a loop.   The resently meshed EAP245 that is now wired, but continues to connect via MESH.  The loops are no longer happening, but despite rebooting and "forgetting" and adopting the EAP245, it reconnects via MESH.  Tested the wire OK using a LinkRunner... which connects to Google and tests connection fine.  Can't seem to force the EAP to use WIRED.  There is an RH Industries switch in between... but another EAP225 works fine through it.   This looks like a new direction for this thread... but I suspect the LOOP issue is related to mesh happening on EAP's that are wired.   

Options
2023-08-02 14:40:41

@lukass2000 

Sonos can cause a multicast storm that floods the switch... that in turns fires off STP.  I Would try to turn down RSTP to STP and disable loop detection.  Sometimes RAPID fires off too quickly since its STP on roids.  

IF the Sonos is wireless... you would need to enable Multicasr Filtering on the SSID that it's connected too.  Check MDNS add the Sonos to the MAC Group for it.  

If it's hardwired, Port isolation on the switch port its connected to, can funnel the multicast info.  

Enabling Mdns on the router would help too.  

I can not teach anyone anything - I can only make them think - Socrates
Options
2023-09-24 21:02:14

@lukass2000 

i am also facing same same issue can u please give solution for this issue

lukass2000 wrote

Hi,

I've been using OmadaSDN for a year.

Used to have a WRT54, then three WRT54 with Tomato in "mesh" operation, so to speak, Then an Asus router with three access points, then a Fritzbox, four access points with several managed netgear switches, but I've never had anything as unreliable and unstable as my current OmadaSDN, and the whole thing then scolds itself as a business solution.

Several loop detections and port blockings are detected several times a week, then everything is not available again for a short time because it is newly integrated into OmadaSDN, sometimes hours later, sometimes days later everything starts all over again.

e.g. added a SG2008P to OmadaSDN yesterday.
No device is connected to the switch, only the uplink cable to Port1, two hours later I had a loop detection message on Port8 for the first time...
That can not be?

I switched off Mesh so that a loop doesn't occur somewhere via an EAP.

Have testet RSTP on and off, used Loopback detection or Spanning Tree,... no difference

Is there no technical possibility in Omada SDN to determine why this loop occurs?
It's a business system?????

What can i do, those loops are annoying sad

Here is a simple sketch of my OmadaSDN

I primarily get the loop detection on SG2218 port 15 and T1600G port 24, but also always on other ports.

What i forgot, the OC200 is still connected to the R605 port4.

Maybe someone has a tip for me?
THANKS wink

Recently:

Everything just annoying sadsadsad

lukass2000 wrote

Hi,

I've been using OmadaSDN for a year.

Used to have a WRT54, then three WRT54 with Tomato in "mesh" operation, so to speak, Then an Asus router with three access points, then a Fritzbox, four access points with several managed netgear switches, but I've never had anything as unreliable and unstable as my current OmadaSDN, and the whole thing then scolds itself as a business solution.

Several loop detections and port blockings are detected several times a week, then everything is not available again for a short time because it is newly integrated into OmadaSDN, sometimes hours later, sometimes days later everything starts all over again.

e.g. added a SG2008P to OmadaSDN yesterday.
No device is connected to the switch, only the uplink cable to Port1, two hours later I had a loop detection message on Port8 for the first time...
That can not be?

I switched off Mesh so that a loop doesn't occur somewhere via an EAP.

Have testet RSTP on and off, used Loopback detection or Spanning Tree,... no difference

Is there no technical possibility in Omada SDN to determine why this loop occurs?
It's a business system?????

What can i do, those loops are annoying sad

Here is a simple sketch of my OmadaSDN

I primarily get the loop detection on SG2218 port 15 and T1600G port 24, but also always on other ports.

What i forgot, the OC200 is still connected to the R605 port4.

Maybe someone has a tip for me?
THANKS wink

Recently:

Everything just annoying sadsadsad

Options
Related Articles