ER605 Needs weekly Reboot Issue - does it have a memory leak?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

ER605 Needs weekly Reboot Issue - does it have a memory leak?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
26 Reply
Re:ER605 Needs weekly Reboot Issue - does it have a memory leak?
2023-05-04 11:40:51
yes.
<< Paying it forward, one juicy problem at a time... >>
Options
2023-05-05 01:34:56

Hello @d0ugmac1

Thank you for your reply. Our support engineer will continue to follow up with your case in the previous ticket email TKID230247563. Please pay attention to your mail box, thanks for your great patience!

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
2023-05-05 03:31:46
Great. I have re-opened the external SSH port again for them. No need to arrange a screenshare meeting, they can get in at their convenience. Should be the same for cloud access and remote access to the Libre NMS system.
Options
2023-05-08 03:36:48 - last edited 2023-05-08 03:37:18

@Fae Please let me know if the support team needs anything else.  I had a dozen router disconnects today...I've leaving it up as long as I can, but if i lose control, I will have to reset this as it's in production--and it takes 3-5 weeks to get back to the disk starvation state.

Options
2023-05-08 03:49:02

Hello @d0ugmac1,

Our support engineers are looking into the issue now. They will contact you via the previous support email if there is anything else needed. If you have any additional information to provide, please also feel free to reply to the support email. Thank you for your great patience.

>> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
2023-05-08 16:52:45

@d0ugmac1 

Router is now hard disconnected.  It looks like a process has crashed, most likely omadad (the Omada controller application running on router).  You can see the moment it gives up, the CPU load drops right down and there is a decrease in memory consumption as well....to me, that's a process that just went Pffssst!

The white vertical stripes you see below in the middle graphs (previous week) are temporary disconnects, ie where the router became non-responsive on it's IP (no Omada access...but VPN, SSH and SNMP are functioning fine)

Options
Related Articles