Force device to use default router

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-02-28 08:49:09 - last edited 2023-03-02 06:51:32
Model: Deco E4  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Dear community,

Since I have installed my TP link deco E4 set my Raspberry Pi which is wired to my main router also uses the TP link network.

Is there a way to force this device to use my 'initial' network instead of the TP link network?

Because somehow my Wireguard client on the raspberry pi is not accessible anymore. Also tried opening the ports (more -> advanced -> port forwarding) 51820 and disabled this setting on my router's interface/  kept them open at the same time but none of these actions result in a working Wireguard client.

Thanks in advance

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Force device to use default router-Solution
2023-03-01 06:43:56 - last edited 2023-03-02 06:51:32

@Mikeo26 

Hi, welcome to the community.

Have you tried to set up Deco into Access Point mode so that all the LAN devices will get IP addresses from the ISP router:

How to set up Deco to work in Access Point mode

Best regards.

Recommended Solution
Options
2 Reply
Re:Force device to use default router-Solution
2023-03-01 06:43:56 - last edited 2023-03-02 06:51:32

@Mikeo26 

Hi, welcome to the community.

Have you tried to set up Deco into Access Point mode so that all the LAN devices will get IP addresses from the ISP router:

How to set up Deco to work in Access Point mode

Best regards.

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Force device to use default router
2023-03-02 06:51:23

Hi @David-TP,

Thanks a lot! This works. Now I can enjoy fast internet everywhere in the house and still use the raspberry. :)

Kind regards,

Mike

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 278

Replies: 2

Related Articles