Clients not getting IP after AP restart

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-03-15 00:29:18
Model: EAP245  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 5.06

So I have 2 EAP245 access points and IPs are being assigned via Pfsense. The full setup is running Omada 5.9.31 software which controls 6 switches and 3 APs. For some reason if I restart the access points (2 EAP245 and 1 EAP115) , multiple IoT devices do not get assigned IPs for several hours. The Iot devices are all KASA switches and plug sockets.
I enable DHCP relay to see if that would help, but it does not seem to have any effect.             

Does anyone else have this issue? All the IPs have been set to static IPs via Pfsense and they are across a couple of vlans, also assigning IPs via Pfsense and the vlans are also setup in Omada.

Options
2 Reply
Re:Clients not getting IP after AP restart
2023-03-15 07:26:28

Hi @PatrickMcC 

Will this issue happens on your mobile phone/laptop? 

The issue could be related to 2.4Ghz wireless channel, since Kasa IoT devices can only connect 2.4Ghz. 

Please try to change the wireless channel on your EAP, and make sure differnet EAPs have different channel. 

Best Regards! >> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << >> Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
Re:Clients not getting IP after AP restart
2023-03-15 12:43:59

@Hank21 , the issue only seems to affect KASA devices, I have all of the APs on different channels. What I do see on the Wi-Fi Traffic Distribution graph, the APs show in red a lot of the time and the rest of the time in yellow, for the 2.4ghz band. In total I have 75 Wi-fi devices connected, the bulk of which are KASA plugs/switches.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 222

Replies: 2

Related Articles