Inter-Vlan Routing

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Inter-Vlan Routing

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Inter-Vlan Routing
Inter-Vlan Routing
2023-03-17 23:33:34
Model: ER605 (TL-R605)  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

How on earth do I disable Inter-Vlan Routing on an ER-605? Its connected to a Cisco SG300-28P. If I disconnect the TP-Link from the network, inter-vlan does not work. I cannot  for the life of me get it to stop, regardless of how many ACLs I set up. Do I need to find a different, more suitable product from a different manufacturer or can this do what I need?

Options
3 Reply
Re:Inter-Vlan Routing
2023-03-20 08:43:05

@ChazNet 

If you use 802.1q VLAN, different VLANs are separate by default.

If you set multiple VLAN interfaces, different VLAN Interfaces can communicate with each other by defaault, so an ACL need be set to separate them.

Have you seen this FAQ?

Actually how did you set the ACL?

Just striving to develop myself while helping others.
Options
2023-04-02 21:11:10 - last edited 2023-04-02 21:13:00

But, what does one do if they've already adopted the ER605 to the Omada Software Controller? You can't change the PVIDs there. Also, why do the VLANs have to be tied to separate ports? Why can't I just use a trunk link to a managed switched and not have to worry about the devices in the separate VLANs seeing each other? I also tried every variation of setting Gateway ACL rules with my ER605 connected to a Netgear GS724tpv2, and it seems to be impossible.  The devices on the separate networks still see eachother despite network to IP Group, IP Group to IP Group, etc. I ordered a TP-Link switch to connect to that then connects to the GS724tpv2, but I'm still scratching my head at why I'm having to do that.

Options
2023-04-03 04:09:14

@ScaredConfused 

Omada managed routers do not have full featured integrated switches, consequently any router only ACL will fail to work as intended.  That is why you needed to buy the other half of the solution...ie an Omada managed switch for proper ACL implementation.  There is at least one feature request to treat the router ports as a virtual switch device.

<< Paying it forward, one juicy problem at a time... >>
Options