Does camera VLAN need WAN access to be able to use OpenVPN remotely?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-04-18 05:33:46
Model: ER605 (TL-R605)  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 2.1.2

I have two Reolink PoE cameras connected to my managed switch (TL-SG2428P) along with a Reolink NVR also attached to the same switch.

My ultimate goal is to isolate my two cameras and NVR (VLAN20) so they cannot communicate with the outside world (WAN) or my secure LAN (VLAN1) but I would like to be able to view the camera/NVR streams remotely using OpenVPN.

Is it possible to connect to my isolated camera VLAN (with no LAN or WAN access) using OpenVPN or does it need WAN access?

Or is there a way to allow device on my VLAN1 access the camera streams but the cameras cannot access VLAN1?

Apologies in advance if this seems like a silly question...

Router: ER605 v2

Controller: OC200

Options
1 Reply
Re:Does camera VLAN need WAN access to be able to use OpenVPN remotely?
2023-04-19 07:01:44

Hello @blah2222,

Hello, It is not a silly question, but if I were you, I will try this:

1. Set a specific VLAN interface for the camera and NVR

2. Choose the Local network type as the Camera VLAN

3. Choose Tunnel mode as Split

blah2222 wrote

Or is there a way to allow device on my VLAN1 access the camera streams but the cameras cannot access VLAN1?

I remember ER605 2.1.2 supports stateful ACL, you can go to Gateway ACL to set it.

Just striving to develop myself while helping others.
Options